Movers

With rising costs and increased learning needs, financing our children's education is no longer a simple walk in the park. Discuss with other parents about how they are managing their finances to cope with their expenses.

Movers

Postby Hiaweh » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:37 am

How would you choose a mover? I can't seem to be able to find any review on movers in Singapore. I have shortlisted a few, Shalom, KNT Movers and The Helping Hand but not sure which one to go for. My concern is the piano. Is it better to get a professional piano mover separately? Any feedback is much appreciated.

Hiaweh
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Movers

Postby CMF » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:45 am

You may be able to get some rec from this forum. Search "All about Moving House"

CMF
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby slmkhoo » Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:55 am

Hiaweh wrote:How would you choose a mover? I can't seem to be able to find any review on movers in Singapore. I have shortlisted a few, Shalom, KNT Movers and The Helping Hand but not sure which one to go for. My concern is the piano. Is it better to get a professional piano mover separately? Any feedback is much appreciated.

Check if the mover has workers who are specially trained to move pianos. If not, it may be better to get a professional piano mover. I've not moved with a piano, so don't have any recommendations.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby bebebub » Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:02 pm

I've engaged The Helping Hand twice. My second move includes the piano. I don't think they are specially trained to move pianos. I got the tuner to come in after the move. All was well.

Just sharing.

bebebub
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:56 pm

The Helping Hand movers kena banned in our estate just recently.

Mgt reason: Helping Hand did not follow rules and regulations.

Exactly what happened, I also dunno.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby DickChuaSlevin » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:04 pm

engaged vimbox recently (http://www.vimboxmovers.com.sg/)
Shifted two times within 2 weeks - first time was professionally done but second group of movers were not as good and even damaged the walls and new tiles.

DickChuaSlevin
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby min2000 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:02 pm

I have used Ang Ko Toon three times and found them pretty reliable. They charge by truck so it normally ends up being cheaper. You can google for their number.

min2000
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Money Matters