Where to get passport size photos for less cost

With rising costs and increased learning needs, financing our children's education is no longer a simple walk in the park. Discuss with other parents about how they are managing their finances to cope with their expenses.

Where to get passport size photos for less cost

Postby kaisuparents » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:11 pm

Hi,
I need to take passport size photos. I checked the price near my place, they are charging 10$ for 4. Is this the normal price or can get cheaper?
Thanks

kaisuparents
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Where to get passport size photos for less cost

Postby flower » Tue Nov 24, 2015 2:45 pm

Hi we tried to take my son's photo using a phone app for passport photos . We submitted to ICA and it was accepted :)
1. Follow the instructions given on the ica website before you take photo. eg make sure no shadow; take against a white or off white background.
2. For iphone, we downloaded" IC Photo for Singapore NRIC and passports" app. For android, there is "Passport ID photo maker studio".
3. After taking the photo, we used Photoshop Express for IOS to touch up eg brighten certain parts of the photo .
4. You need to try a few times till you are satisfied with the end product before you submit the final product to ICA . We submitted 2 photos , just in case one is rejected.
No need to spend money to take the passport photos. :rahrah:

flower
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Jennifer » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:02 pm

flower wrote:Hi we tried to take my son's photo using a phone app for passport photos . We submitted to ICA and it was accepted :)
1. Follow the instructions given on the ica website before you take photo. eg make sure no shadow; take against a white or off white background.
2. For iphone, we downloaded" IC Photo for Singapore NRIC and passports" app. For android, there is "Passport ID photo maker studio".
3. After taking the photo, we used Photoshop Express for IOS to touch up eg brighten certain parts of the photo .
4. You need to try a few times till you are satisfied with the end product before you submit the final product to ICA . We submitted 2 photos , just in case one is rejected.

:thankyou: for sharing this.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:15 pm

flower wrote:Hi we tried to take my son's photo using a phone app for passport photos . We submitted to ICA and it was accepted :)

You are so lucky. None of the photos I take of myself were accepted. And even photos which I took in a photo booth are rejected! I always end up biting the bullet to make my way down to ICA to get my pictures taken... :rant:

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby starlight1968sg » Tue Nov 24, 2015 5:16 pm

We used digital cam or hp. All accepted :)

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby hquek » Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:33 pm

Yup. So far those we used hp also clear...amongst backdrops, mahjong paper as wall paper, toilets if the light or maybe wall colour more acceptably white. Though the image sometimes end up looking a tad squashed.

hquek
Councillor
Councillor

Postby ebingo » Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:28 pm

I use handphone to take at a distance then upload to computer and crop it...the photo i upload though is same pixel as instructed, but the person is much larger than the sample person...but is alright as long is clear and head straight without cover the ear and forehead.

And both my sons passport picture, i just scroll through all their photos and see which one suit, crop and send in...

ebingo
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Money Matters