Mileage claim and reimbursement procedure

With rising costs and increased learning needs, financing our children's education is no longer a simple walk in the park. Discuss with other parents about how they are managing their finances to cope with their expenses.

Mileage claim and reimbursement procedure

Postby Jennifer » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:51 pm

Hi, I am researching on this topic.

Please share your company policy if convenient, else can pm me.

Thank you very much.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Mileage claim and reimbursement procedure

Postby Dnls_mum » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:39 pm

Jennifer wrote:Hi, I am researching on this topic.

Thank you very much.

We just need to fly on the preferred carrier identified for each destination, else need very high level approval unless it is cheaper. We get to keep our own miles :imcool:
We have no per dem allowance. We claim per expenses but have a guideline to follow.

Dnls_mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:16 am

Dnls_mum wrote:
Jennifer wrote:Hi, I am researching on this topic.

Thank you very much.

We just need to fly on the preferred carrier identified for each destination, else need very high level approval unless it is cheaper. We get to keep our own miles :imcool:
We have no per dem allowance. We claim per expenses but have a guideline to follow.

I was stunned at first glance of your reply.

:oops:

Then I realized you were referring to flight mileage :wink:

I need to know about car mileage :wink:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jetsetter » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:13 am

KSP isn't the best place to get your answers, as most people are not working :P Even if you get answers from the FTWMs, many might not be in sales/frontline...Frontliners have no time to come here lah!

Today's HR trend is very "progressive": Lump sum FLEXI BENEFIT $$ credited into your salary account every month. Can use for anything under the sun, including car/transport claims, telco, holiday bookings, optical/dental/medical/insurance, annual health screening. They don't care if it's for ERP, parking, mileage or petrol! Cut down on a lot of petty admin claims and processing time for HR and Finance Depts.

But for those companies with a lot of sales/marketing personnel, the current rate is probably $0.60-$.080/km or pte- owned cars. Excluding/including ERP and parking, depending on how generous the company is. Some generous companies will give them Fuel cards. So they charge it to company via this Fuel card. Company picks up Fuel bill at the end of the month.

Making claims every mth can be time-consuming for smaller companies which don't use electronic FMS. They probably have an antiquated Excel spreadsheet! :yikes:

Larger companies will of course hv intranet and online claim forms, so u just log in to enter the TO/FRO destinations, PURPOSE of MEETINGS, ddmmyyyy/ AMOUNT claimable (mileage can be auto-calculated). Of course the e-form gets routed to your boss (and boss' boss) then HRD then FND.

For Office-Client's Office-Office, most people prefer to take cabs cos it's easier for a group of colleagues to be together and MORE IMPORTANTLY, can CHARGE TO CLIENT as "OOP"...muahahahaha....Just produce receipts la...If 1-2 MRT stops away, then no need to claim cos so little money...waste time logging in to claim a couple of dollars.

This kind of research has been done by SNEF before...They survey the EMPLOYERS aka HRD directly, so more comprehensive and accurate. Employees sometimes also dunno what they are entitled to. Blur Blur... Some junior ones don't even get transport allowance... :duck:

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Dnls_mum » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:27 am

Our car mileage claim very Lau ya. My staff all prefer to claim taxi. Even if they drive to office, they leave their car here.

Dnls_mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:29 am

jetsetter wrote:KSP isn't the best place to get your answers, as most people are not working :P Even if you get answers from the FTWMs, many might not be in sales/frontline...Frontliners have no time to come here lah!

Today's HR trend is very "progressive": Lump sum FLEXI BENEFIT $$ credited into your salary account every month. Can use for anything under the sun, including car/transport claims, telco, holiday bookings, optical/dental/medical/insurance, annual health screening. They don't care if it's for ERP, parking, mileage or petrol! Cut down on a lot of petty admin claims and processing time for HR and Finance Depts.

But for those companies with a lot of sales/marketing personnel, the current rate is probably $0.60-$.080/km or pte- owned cars. Excluding/including ERP and parking, depending on how generous the company is. Some generous companies will give them Fuel cards. So they charge it to company via this Fuel card. Company picks up Fuel bill at the end of the month.

Making claims every mth can be time-consuming for smaller companies which don't use electronic FMS. They probably have an antiquated Excel spreadsheet! :yikes:

Larger companies will of course hv intranet and online claim forms, so u just log in to enter the TO/FRO destinations, PURPOSE of MEETINGS, ddmmyyyy/ AMOUNT claimable (mileage can be auto-calculated). Of course the e-form gets routed to your boss (and boss' boss) then HRD then FND.

For Office-Client's Office-Office, most people prefer to take cabs cos it's easier for a group of colleagues to be together and MORE IMPORTANTLY, can CHARGE TO CLIENT as "OOP"...muahahahaha....Just produce receipts la...If 1-2 MRT stops away, then no need to claim cos so little money...waste time logging in to claim a couple of dollars.

This kind of research has been done by SNEF before...They survey the EMPLOYERS aka HRD directly, so more comprehensive and accurate. Employees sometimes also dunno what they are entitled to. Blur Blur... Some junior ones don't even get transport allowance... :duck:

:thankyou: :thankyou:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Nebbermind » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:51 pm

Dnls_mum wrote:Our car mileage claim very Lau ya. My staff all prefer to claim taxi. Even if they drive to office, they leave their car here.

Most mileage claim should be able to cover cost of petrol...unless they donch reimbursed you for ERP and parking.

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MyPillow » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:10 pm

Nebbermind wrote:
Dnls_mum wrote:Our car mileage claim very Lau ya. My staff all prefer to claim taxi. Even if they drive to office, they leave their car here.

Most mileage claim should be able to cover cost of petrol...unless they donch reimbursed you for ERP and parking.

no parking n erp claims for me. I take taxi for official trips.
i prefer to take taxi, coz can read up some meeting notes, sms, email, watch drama :laugh:

MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Nebbermind » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:34 pm

MyPillow wrote:
Nebbermind wrote:

no parking n erp claims for me. I take taxi for official trips.
i prefer to take taxi, coz can read up some meeting notes, sms, email, watch drama :laugh:

These days, ERP and esp parking cost more than petrol so if no reimbursement, then better take taxi.

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Dnls_mum » Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:59 pm

Nebbermind wrote:

It is enough to cover petrol la. But car have depreciation mah, and need to calculate mileage etc. reach there must find parking. Easier to take taxi and claim with taxi receipt lor. no one wants to drive their own car in our company.

Dnls_mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Money Matters