Investment

With rising costs and increased learning needs, financing our children's education is no longer a simple walk in the park. Discuss with other parents about how they are managing their finances to cope with their expenses.

Investment

Postby kitty2 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:36 pm

Ikonfx.com anyone knows anything about this investment? A friend just recommended it to me and said is a safe investment :). Any feedback?

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Investment

Postby starlight1968sg » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:45 pm

kitty2 wrote:Ikonfx.com anyone knows anything about this investment? A friend just recommended it to me and said is a safe investment :). Any feedback?

I have not heard of it, noting I know nuts abt investment.
If it is too gd to be true, then better avoid.

starlight1968sg
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ryuunix » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:47 am

You have to define what it means by "safe". Do you mean securement of your funds in this platform, or returns or what? You will need to understand the nature of fx to understand its risk. If you talk about securement of funds, there is always a chance of illiquid, depending on the volume transacting. If you are talking about the returns, forex itself is high risk, although there are people out there teaching you how to get better steady returns and etc.

Well, the fact is there are always people who wins and losses. thats this game. The website that you put down is a broker based platform. For brokers, they will always gain whether you sell or buy. What they are transacting though (whether is it real or fake), I do not have the reviews.

ryuunix
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby kitty2 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:45 am

ryuunix wrote:You have to define what it means by "safe". Do you mean securement of your funds in this platform, or returns or what? You will need to understand the nature of fx to understand its risk. If you talk about securement of funds, there is always a chance of illiquid, depending on the volume transacting. If you are talking about the returns, forex itself is high risk, although there are people out there teaching you how to get better steady returns and etc.

Well, the fact is there are always people who wins and losses. thats this game. The website that you put down is a broker based platform. For brokers, they will always gain whether you sell or buy. What they are transacting though (whether is it real or fake), I do not have the reviews.

:thankyou: she told me the fund is secured with 5% return if anything happens. I am clueless with such investment :)

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ryuunix » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:05 am

Kitty
In Singapore there are only a few entities that can gives guaranteed returns due to their financial backing (with due d done by Mas). These are usually either banks or insurance companies. Other than that, it's usually not "secured" unless they mean by past returns. Most alt investments don't have policy wordings one, so there's no clause to give securement. There may be disclaimer, so do read it. Check that the company is approved by Mas to deal it's financial products first.

ryuunix
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby kitty2 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:34 am

ryuunix wrote:Kitty
In Singapore there are only a few entities that can gives guaranteed returns due to their financial backing (with due d done by Mas). These are usually either banks or insurance companies. Other than that, it's usually not "secured" unless they mean by past returns. Most alt investments don't have policy wordings one, so there's no clause to give securement. There may be disclaimer, so do read it. Check that the company is approved by Mas to deal it's financial products first.

:thankyou: for your advice

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ngl2010 » Sat May 21, 2016 2:32 pm

What do you think of Hyflux 6% perpetual bond?

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby lee_yl » Sat May 21, 2016 2:58 pm

ngl2010 wrote:What do you think of Hyflux 6% perpetual bond?

When we received the email, we quickly called to get the placement shares but were informed that the placement had been fully taken up within hours! Can try your luck with the retail tranche.

lee_yl
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MyPillow » Sat May 21, 2016 3:01 pm

lee_yl wrote:

When we received the email, we quickly called to get the placement shares but were informed that the placement had been fully taken up within hours! Can try your luck with the retail tranche.

Which is the part tat attract you?
i thought Heflux debt ratio is not common percentage range , high side

MyPillow
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby lee_yl » Sat May 21, 2016 3:16 pm

MyPillow wrote:
lee_yl wrote:

Which is the part tat attract you?
i thought Heflux debt ratio is not common percentage range , high side

The 6% is attractive plus Hyflux's perfect record of paying and retiring its bonds in a timely manner. (Ok, ok... Raising this bond is to retire two earlier bonds due this year)

It would appear that Hyflux is pursuing growth funded by debt and it appears logical under the current low interest rate environment. Given Hyflux's name, other options could include issuing more shares or spinning some of its water plants into a business trust, so the downside risks appear manageable.

Disclaimer: Do own homework before committing.

lee_yl
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Money Matters