Work at home

With rising costs and increased learning needs, financing our children's education is no longer a simple walk in the park. Discuss with other parents about how they are managing their finances to cope with their expenses.
Mary12
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Work at home

Post by Mary12 » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:53 am

I want to start working again, but because of some reason I can't leave home for a long time, so I need a work, which is possible to do at home. I'm thinking about lashes extension, but I have no experience. Is it a good idea to take online courses, or it's better to visit classes?

rob_san
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Re: Work at home

Post by rob_san » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:58 am

Online courses is favorable. However, you have to put into practice first what you have learned before launching your home-based business. Try to look for a center that offers online lectures and requires you to visit the center for your practical.

LeenaT23
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Work from Home

Post by LeenaT23 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:08 pm

Who works from home here? Care to share any tips or advises for those who are planning to work from home? Thanks

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:258

Re: Work from Home

Post by slmkhoo » Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:05 pm

LeenaT23 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:08 pm
Who works from home here? Care to share any tips or advises for those who are planning to work from home? Thanks
What kind of tips? Routines? Furnishings? Managing kids? Managing bosses?

Coke Chan
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Coke Chan » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:27 pm

Probably a good start is to define workspaces for you and spouse (so that each have your space without stepping on toes) and a time routine for own work, couple time, child teaching time and family time. It's still early days for WFH, so a lot to figure out and adjust :)

DChin_1983
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by DChin_1983 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:45 pm

It's best to set up your own mini office where your kids can't bother you while working. I guess that should be the first step.

uptas
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by uptas » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:26 am

When I started my WFH journey, the things I did were to have a laptop or computer, secure internet connection at home and then apply for virtual assistant jobs.
Applying for a virtual assistant job is not easy especially if the niche is already populated. You got to spend months or even years for some in order to land a job because there are already ones ahead of you that has handful of experience.
Right now, I have been working online for almost 8 months but I haven't got a workstation. haha.. but it is my next project. :)

LeenaT23
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by LeenaT23 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:24 pm

slmkhoo wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:05 pm
LeenaT23 wrote:
Hi slmkhoo, thank you for your response. I'm wondering what it feels like to be working from home like how you can manage your time, what are your routines like and how you can work peacefully without getting bothered by your kids

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:258

Post by slmkhoo » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:15 pm

LeenaT23 wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:24 pm
slmkhoo wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 3:05 pm
LeenaT23 wrote:
Hi slmkhoo, thank you for your response. I'm wondering what it feels like to be working from home like how you can manage your time, what are your routines like and how you can work peacefully without getting bothered by your kids
This has been covered a lot recently. Just read through some of these:

https://www.nie.edu.sg/teacher-educatio ... home-(wfh)

HansA12
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by HansA12 » Fri May 01, 2020 3:37 pm