Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Eunoia JC

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

Re: Eunoia JC

Postby stetan » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:10 pm

mindays wrote:
stetan wrote:
mindays wrote:
Mind you that more than half of VJC's cohort make up of JAE students, not IP! How can you use PSLE COP to determine the academic standards of VJ?! I am not saying that EJC is bad, in fact I acknowledged that IPJCs have their standards to meet. I am sorry that I have to disagree with you, but a more established VJC is more likely to value add the students than an infant EJC.


I am not comparing anything. I am again pointing out the biased and flawed nature of your analysis again.

You said" VS IP leads up to VJC which holds a much better ranking than EJC (from CHS IP)" In my earlier post, I have already shown why your analysis is biased and flawed.

You said you cannot compare JC performance on PSLE cutoff. I agree and that's why I refrain from doing so.

The only way to compare JC performance is through their A level results. But you know that EJC have not produce A level graduates yet....so what facts are you using for your analysis? You personal opinion?


Hey, I have specifically stated that no one knows what is the true standards of EJC until the real deal is up. I made comparisons with RVHS and brought in ACJC as they are parallel in results. I merely casted my doubts on the ability of the pioneer batch of EJC students and that should not be taken as a fact that EJC students are inferior in quality. You shouldn't be over sensitive over a view like this. Furthermore, you were trying to justify that EJC was almost on par with VJC, as shown with the COP given. However, I have pointed out the fact that the majority of VJC cohort makes up of JAE students aka O Level graduates. Once again, this thread should belong to the tertiary section, don't deprive other parents who are more interested in having their queries answered in this secondary section especially when the S1 Posting is active.


You claim that EJC will perform worse than ACJC in your posts base on cut off points. I merely highlight to you that 2/3 of the cohort in EJC are from IP and the cutoff do not apply to them. You know this fact but deliberately chose to compare them in a biased fashion.

I never did say anything about EJC being better than VJC. you were the one that insisted the VS IP program is better than the CHS IP program. I just stated facts to indicate that they were par. I base my posts on facts, you based you posts on partiality

stetan
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1102
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:24 pm
Total Likes: 44


Re: Eunoia JC

Postby Grandypa » Sat Dec 02, 2017 5:42 pm

mindays wrote:
Grandypa wrote:This Mindays person is well know for biased statements. He will only sing praises of NYJC ( his children alma matar) and VJC ( his alma mater)


Lets get the facts down, I do not have any DC studying in NYJC. Yes, I was from VJC. Are you not being biased with your accusations that are baseless? And, I have more than 300 posts in this forum which at the very least credits me to be an active member in the forum. Besides, I will not be getting 58 likes for nothing, this should very well prove my credibility as well. I will let the rest decide whether who is the one with substandard views.


Please tell us how many IP JC/schools you have put down just to prop up NYJC ?

You said TJC and RVHS does not deserve to be IP JC. You said NYJC results is better than NJC and Dunman High and many more. Where are the facts to substantiate these assertions ? I will certainly be ashamed of these biased statements

Grandypa
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:09 pm
Total Likes: 17


Re: Eunoia JC

Postby Grandypa » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:14 pm

obm wrote:
mindays wrote:I merely casted my doubts on the ability of the pioneer batch of EJC students and that should not be taken as a fact that EJC students are inferior in quality. You shouldn't be over sensitive over a view like this. Furthermore, you were trying to justify that EJC was almost on par with VJC, as shown with the COP given. However, I have pointed out the fact that the majority of VJC cohort makes up of JAE students aka O Level graduates. Once again, this thread should belong to the tertiary section, don't deprive other parents who are more interested in having their queries answered in this secondary section especially when the S1 Posting is active.


Mindays

Although you've posted some 300plus posts here, but did you realise two-thirds (198 posts) of your posts were in 2 NYJC home threads? Everyone here knows you're the famous poster girl, spokesman, mascot or gatekeeper of NYJC in this forum already.

May I know if you're a staff at NYJC? No, that can't be possible because MOE teachers won't log in to KSP to comment. Then are you the spouse of an NYJC staff, e.g. daughter of former Principal, or some teacher over there? Nieces or nephews at NYJC? I ask because you seemed rather fervent or perhaps, fanatical in defending NYJC's students and ranking over at NYJC thread. I doubt you're a parent.

Although you claimed you were from VJC, I see zero posts of yours in the VJC home thread. Clearly, you have vested interests in NYJC, and this entire community (regulars) knows you do, so do not deny it any further.

I think you need to know there's an 'unspoken' rule of engagement here in this forum, which is not to trespass into other schools' territories, usurp the threadstarters'/spokespersons' roles and besmirch other schools' good name or cast aspersions on their students', P's or teachers' abilities, when you're not even a parent with a child from that institution. Yes, I know you tried very hard to craft some seemingly objective comments/perspectives in the EJC thread to mask your disingenuousness, but oh come on, your NYJC/anti-EJC reputation precedes you.

I thought you should be more considerate and emphatic because many detractors and green-eyed monsters have constantly trampled on your NYJC homeground. That does not give you the excuse to hit out on others.

If I were you, I'd wait a while for genuine parents of that institution to take up the questions posted by interested parties, not jump in to insinuate negative things or obliquely run down other people's identity. For info, sneaking into EJC's Mt Sinai campus during its Open House like a kiasu rival does not make you more informed or knowledgeable than a genuine EJC parent.

And why wouldn't and can't parents of EJC pioneers be 'over-sensitive'? I would if I were them. Who likes a visitor at their housewarming party to keep telling them their property value will head south? Mind you, the pioneers are going to take A levels next year. Do you think it's ethical to come in here to 'curse' them? You who are so protective of those hardworking 18-year-olds in NYJC should extend the same kindness to parents of teens in other JCs' threads, no? These are all our children of the future. Must you be so unkind to the innocent kids because of your own personal 'high-school disputes' with some parents here?


Well Said !

Grandypa
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:09 pm
Total Likes: 17


Re: Eunoia JC

Postby mindays » Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:27 pm

I did not assert that TJC and RVHS are not fit to be IPJC. Yes, IMO they are underperforming but never did I once say that they are undeserving. That is very wrong. The discussion can go on and on, you can weasel your way here, you have the rights to be sceptical of my opinion but you cannot forcibly allow others to accept your viewpoint. As for COP of EJC, we shall see next year and who knows who will be getting the last laugh.

Stetan has also stated that

"we all know that number of students from CHS & SNGS (not sure about SCGS) who joined RJC via JAE dropped by almost half for 2017 intake, compared to 2016 intake. 2017 is the year when the 1st batch of IP students from CHS/SNGS/SCGS joined EJC. 2017 is also the year when RJC's COP for Science stream 'dropped' from 3 to 4. We all know why, don't we? Most of the top psle students from CHS/SNGS/SCGS IP would have joined RJC/HCJC (via JAE) had they sat for the O Level exam in 2016. These students are now in EJC (pioneer batch) and will be sitting for the A Level exam in 2018"

Does he really know the exact reason why RJ's COP has fallen to 4 from 3? Is it ONLY because of the "better students" that chose EJ over RJ? No, he doesn't, that's why he used the word "could". Speaking about facts, he knows none either. When I said that all things could be possible because of demand and supply, he harped on how accurate my "analysis" could be, when I made none. A possibility of an outcome is not an analysis. If you think it is, you are being over-sensitive.

There will always be the same pack of wolves appearing whenever such sensitive topics come into play. I rest my case and speak no more from here, this doesn't mean I concede but I will refrain from entertaining this bunch of haters who are not receptive to opinions.

A duplicate post from the tertiary section that should be made clear here as well
Last edited by mindays on Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mindays
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 387
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:12 pm
Total Likes: 58


Re: Eunoia JC

Postby stetan » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:16 am

mindays wrote: I did not assert that TJC and RVHS are not fit to be IPJC. Yes, IMO they are underperforming but never did I once say that they are undeserving. .


Actually you did. If you have amnesia, suggests you go and read your posts on them again.

mindays wrote: The discussion can go on and on, you can weasel your way here, you have the rights to be sceptical of my opinion but you cannot forcibly allow others to accept your viewpoint..


Nobody is forcing you to accept anything. I am just here to point out the falsehoods and FUD you were trying to create and spread. If you cannot accept that, its perfectly fine with me. Not that I am bothered.

mindays wrote: As for COP, we shall see next year and who knows who will be getting the last laugh. .


So you are putting your money down that TJC, RVHS and the 'undeserving IPJCs" will have double digit COP next year. Please not claim to have amnesia again when we revisit this next year again, ok?

mindays wrote:
Stetan has also stated that

"we all know that number of students from CHS & SNGS (not sure about SCGS) who joined RJC via JAE dropped by almost half for 2017 intake, compared to 2016 intake. 2017 is the year when the 1st batch of IP students from CHS/SNGS/SCGS joined EJC. 2017 is also the year when RJC's COP for Science stream 'dropped' from 3 to 4. We all know why, don't we? Most of the top psle students from CHS/SNGS/SCGS IP would have joined RJC/HCJC (via JAE) had they sat for the O Level exam in 2016. These students are now in EJC (pioneer batch) and will be sitting for the A Level exam in 2018"

Does he really know the exact reason why RJ's COP has fallen to 4 from 3? Is it ONLY because of the "better students" that chose EJ over RJ? No, he doesn't, that's why he used the word "could". Speaking about facts, he knows none either. When I said that all things could be possible because of demand and supply, he harped on how accurate my "analysis" could be, when I made none. A possibility of an outcome is not an analysis. If you think it is, you are being over-sensitive..


Actually, I copied this analysis from iFirefly posts in response to your comment in the "Secondary School Selection" forum.

It could be true that it is not the ONLY reason 'better students" choose EJ over RJ. But it is surely one of the main reason.
If you can think of other reasons why this happened, why not share it with us ? :lol: Or are you going to again obliquely reference it, throw a few smoke bombs and expect your statement to be true ? :evil:

mindays wrote: There will always be the same pack of wolves appearing whenever such sensitive topics come into play. I rest my case and speak no more from here, this doesn't mean I concede but I will refrain from entertaining this bunch of haters who are not receptive to opinions.


If you cannot logically defend your case and have to resort to name calling to hide your inadequacies, this really proves that what you have said is definitely without fact and substance.

stetan
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1102
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:24 pm
Total Likes: 44



Previous

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres