RI GAT

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

RI GAT

Postby ruyu » Tue May 04, 2010 7:31 pm

Hello i have signed up for DSA for RI (you can find out more from here:http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10388) So i was wondering if i sign up for mt will they give a mt GAT paper? If so is it hard? If not is it also hard?(my english is weak i cant think of a way to join them :( :oops: ) Thanks for sharing your experiences. By the way love the RI campuc it is just huge. Although i had expected it :D

Thank you!

Ruyu

ruyu
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:17 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: RI GAT

Postby phankao » Tue May 04, 2010 7:43 pm

ruyu wrote:Hello i have signed up for DSA for RI (you can find out more from here:http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10388) So i was wondering if i sign up for mt will they give a mt GAT paper? If so is it hard? If not is it also hard?(my english is weak i cant think of a way to join them :( :oops: ) Thanks for sharing your experiences. By the way love the RI campuc it is just huge. Although i had expected it :D

Thank you!

Ruyu


GAT is non-verbal. no language involved.

phankao
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 5647
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:52 pm
Total Likes: 6


Re: RI GAT

Postby ruyu » Tue May 04, 2010 7:55 pm

phankao wrote:
ruyu wrote:Hello i have signed up for DSA for RI (you can find out more from here:http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10388) So i was wondering if i sign up for mt will they give a mt GAT paper? If so is it hard? If not is it also hard?(my english is weak i cant think of a way to join them :( :oops: ) Thanks for sharing your experiences. By the way love the RI campuc it is just huge. Although i had expected it :D

Thank you!

Ruyu


GAT is non-verbal. no language involved.






WHat are the type of questions math, science?? Please share some of the questions that appeared thanks!

ruyu
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:17 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: RI GAT

Postby phankao » Tue May 04, 2010 8:34 pm

ruyu wrote:WHat are the type of questions math, science?? Please share some of the questions that appeared thanks!


GAT has nothing to do with math, science or language. It's a General Ability Test. And it's non-verbal. As i said 'no words" !!!!!

So it's just lots of patterns & puzzles, that's all.

phankao
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 5647
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:52 pm
Total Likes: 6


Postby ruyu » Wed May 05, 2010 2:02 pm

k i understand can draw some diagrams and post if you have the time thanks i am writing it and how long is it and how many questions are there?

ruyu
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:17 am
Total Likes: 0



Postby phankao » Wed May 05, 2010 3:00 pm

ruyu wrote:k i understand can draw some diagrams and post if you have the time thanks i am writing it and how long is it and how many questions are there?


wei, you think i've taken this test before, ah? I'm a parent, not a student. That's what i understand from those who've taken it. the GAT is similar to the General Ability section which forms part of the GEP screening test (the 2nd round). That's why GEP students are usually not required to take this test for DSA.

many schools like DHS/HCI also use the GAT which is administered by the civil service college. Schools like ACSI/MGS/NJC tests on more areas, but one of them is also this Abstract Reasoning section, which is similar.

Well, unless there is such a thing as "past year papers" for GAT, I doubt you'd see "exact' examples from that test.
Last edited by phankao on Wed May 05, 2010 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

phankao
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 5647
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:52 pm
Total Likes: 6


Postby ruyu » Wed May 05, 2010 6:07 pm

phankao wrote:wei, you think i've taken this test before, ah? I'm a parent, not a student. That's what i understand from those who've taken it. the GAT is similar to the General Ability section which forms part of the GEP screening test (the 2nd round). That's why GEP students are usually not required to take this test for DSA.

many schools like DHS/HCI also use the GAT which is administered by the civil service college. Schools like ACSI/MGS/NJC tests on more areas, but one of them is also this Abstract Reasoning section, which is similar.

Well, unless there is such a thing as "past year papers" for GAT, I doubt you'd see "exact' examples from that test.



OH yeah the ga section. Got remember. I went to second round in GEP so kk now i rem a few

ruyu
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 300
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:17 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby phankao » Wed May 05, 2010 9:08 pm

ruyu wrote:OH yeah the ga section. Got remember. I went to second round in GEP so kk now i rem a few

good, bc the GAT is just a full test like that.

phankao
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 5647
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 11:52 pm
Total Likes: 6


Postby CoffeeCat » Wed May 05, 2010 11:54 pm

IQ questions avaliable in the market (like MENSA questions, etc) are the type of resources you can try. Similar but not wholly sufficient i guess.

CoffeeCat
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:37 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby xxjustakidxx » Thu May 06, 2010 10:46 pm

ruyu wrote:
phankao wrote:wei, you think i've taken this test before, ah? I'm a parent, not a student. That's what i understand from those who've taken it. the GAT is similar to the General Ability section which forms part of the GEP screening test (the 2nd round). That's why GEP students are usually not required to take this test for DSA.

many schools like DHS/HCI also use the GAT which is administered by the civil service college. Schools like ACSI/MGS/NJC tests on more areas, but one of them is also this Abstract Reasoning section, which is similar.

Well, unless there is such a thing as "past year papers" for GAT, I doubt you'd see "exact' examples from that test.



OH yeah the ga section. Got remember. I went to second round in GEP so kk now i rem a few


Its different from those. From my experience, it's really simple, and if you are able to think fast, you can do it. For example, a question may ask:

(image of a square), (image of a circle), (image of a triangle), (image of a square), then they'll ask you what's next.

BTW, don't waste so much time on DSA. In the end, you don't get your DSAed school of whatever reason, you didn't do well for PSLE as well, then its a loss.

xxjustakidxx
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 404
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:44 pm
Total Likes: 0


Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection