Interested Student Asking Help for IP!!!

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

Interested Student Asking Help for IP!!!

Postby midnightspark » Wed May 12, 2010 9:51 pm

hey, I'm a newbie and I'm a interested student in IP.

I'm in sec 2 right now but I wish to transfer to an IP school.
So far, I have applied to VJC only for their IP programme as I haven't been educated in Singapore, because I am an international student and
I can't speak chinese which resulted in exemption from MTL in my secondary school.
So the question is.....
Are there any other IP school that I can apply to which doesn't emphasize on chinese language and traditions a lot?
And for the IP test, is it really hard? Any tips on how I should prepare for it? And if I do make it into the interview, what are the questions I should expect for? Very worried and nervous, hope you can understand ;)

Waiting for your replies :)
thanks.

midnightspark
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby CoffeeCat » Wed May 12, 2010 10:11 pm

based on the mtl part i say try ri.

CoffeeCat
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: Interested Student Asking Help for IP!!!

Postby xxjustakidxx » Thu May 13, 2010 12:10 am

midnightspark wrote:hey, I'm a newbie and I'm a interested student in IP.

So far, I have applied to VJC only for their IP programme as I haven't been educated in Singapore, because I am an international student and
I can't speak chinese which resulted in exemption from MTL in my secondary school.
So the question is.....
Are there any other IP school that I can apply to which doesn't emphasize on chinese language and traditions a lot?
And for the IP test, is it really hard? Any tips on how I should prepare for it? And if I do make it into the interview, what are the questions I should expect for? Very worried and nervous, hope you can understand ;)

thanks.

Or NJC

xxjustakidxx
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Interested Student Asking Help for IP!!!

Postby csc » Thu May 13, 2010 11:18 am

xxjustakidxx wrote:
midnightspark wrote:hey, I'm a newbie and I'm a interested student in IP.

So the question is.....

thanks.

Or NJC

For your info, NJC will not have DSA for Sec 2 students with effect from this year.

You can try TJC.

csc
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby soda » Thu May 13, 2010 3:52 pm

For boys there're ACS(I) and St Joseph. What about IB program in international schools, HCInternational & ACS International?

soda
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby tutortamil » Thu May 13, 2010 5:58 pm

i think RI is a good one butquite hard to get in so try your best

tutortamil
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby xxjustakidxx » Thu May 13, 2010 8:39 pm

soda wrote:For boys there're ACS(I) and St Joseph. What about IB program in international schools, HCInternational & ACS International?

Just commenting, HCIS' not very good. There's a large difference.

xxjustakidxx
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby midnightspark » Thu May 13, 2010 9:26 pm

Uhm, thanks for all the great replies.
One question, isn't RI a boys' school? Actually, I'm a girl but I don't mind mixed session schools or girls' school. As long as I can get into a school :P
And, I don't really want to go to an international school or an IB school because the fees are outrageous (or so I have heard) and the education curriculum they give is quite different to the normal IP schools.
So....any other possibilities?

Oh yeah, and one more thing.
Can anybody give tips and advises on how I should prepare for my IP admission test to VJC?? It's coming up on this Saturday, and I am totally on off guard at the moment. :?:

So yeah, still waiting for your replies.
Thanks alot :D

midnightspark
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby ycpang » Thu May 13, 2010 10:06 pm

midnightspark wrote:Uhm, thanks for all the great replies.
One question, isn't RI a boys' school? Actually, I'm a girl but I don't mind mixed session schools or girls' school. As long as I can get into a school :P
And, I don't really want to go to an international school or an IB school because the fees are outrageous (or so I have heard) and the education curriculum they give is quite different to the normal IP schools.

Can anybody give tips and advises on how I should prepare for my IP admission test to VJC?? It's coming up on this Saturday, and I am totally on off guard at the moment. :?:

so u r a girl, you want to go to a non-SAP IP school.In this case your choices are limited to:

1. RGS
2. VJC and
3. TJC

Out of the 3 above, RGS is the most difficult as they take in most of their students from sec1 and left with very few places for sec3s.

ycpang
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby midnightspark » Thu May 13, 2010 10:33 pm

ycpang wrote:
midnightspark wrote:Uhm, thanks for all the great replies.

so u r a girl, you want to go to a non-SAP IP school.In this case your choices are limited to:

1. RGS
2. VJC and
3. TJC

Out of the 3 above, RGS is the most difficult as they take in most of their students from sec1 and left with very few places for sec3s.

Okay, thanks for the great info.

Also, any tips on how I should prepare for the IP test??? The admission test, maybe?? Help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

midnightspark
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection