Co-Ed or Single-Sex?

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

Would you put your child in a Single-sex or Co-ed secondary school?

Single sex
58%
Co-ed (or mixed)
31%
Makes no difference
11%

Total votes : 36

Co-Ed or Single-Sex?

Postby mckenzy » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:16 pm

Which is better, why, or why not?

Coming from an all-boys school from primary as well as secondary school, i realise that there were alot of missing parts/elements to my growing up and understanding/relating to the opposite sex (females in my case).

How would you reason this out when deciding on secondary educational institutions?

mckenzy
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Co-Ed or Single-Sex?

Postby ChiefKiasu » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:00 pm

mckenzy wrote:Which is better, why, or why not?

Coming from an all-boys school from primary as well as secondary school, i realise that there were alot of missing parts/elements to my growing up and understanding/relating to the opposite sex (females in my case).

How would you reason this out when deciding on secondary educational institutions?

I think single sex schools are better for secondary schools for less distraction.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby sleepy » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:07 pm

even if they are in single sex school, there are still ways & means to know the opposite sex, can't stop the homones

in fact, I think even more curiousity & fantasies since lesser contact with the opposite sex

I was from co-ed. Didn't impact my studies a single bit. Only a handful of my classmates were involved in BGR. Majority were super focused on O levels

my vote goes to co-ed :wink:

sleepy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection