NJC versus Cedar/Crescent

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

NJC versus Cedar/Crescent

Postby Catalyst » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:03 am

Hi would anybody be able to compare NJC and Cedar girls. Not sure which has great oppurtunities as my girl likes more of hands on and project oriented studies???

Catalyst
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: NJC versus Cedar/Crescent

Postby verykiasu2010 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:06 am

Catalyst wrote:Hi would anybody be able to compare NJC and Cedar girls. Not sure which has great oppurtunities as my girl likes more of hands on and project oriented studies???

NJC any time

Long history and tradition, and through train to JC2 all the way

Lower sec at NJC may not sound great but no worry, they will get it right and your ultimate objective is to get a good JC via lesser hassles and less worries
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Catalyst » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:09 am

Thanks a lot for the immediate reply. I am just too worried about the facilities in NJC as they say it is a government school and not much facilities bla blä!!!!!!!. Is that true?

Catalyst
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby verykiasu2010 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:14 am

Catalyst wrote:Thanks a lot for the immediate reply. I am just too worried about the facilities in NJC as they say it is a government school and not much facilities bla blä!!!!!!!. Is that true?

okay the existing facilities are standard government school.

did you read recently that NJC is one of the A*Star research lab ? things like this is a major indicator of the school standard and direction.

they are also building a brand new library to cater for the lower sec

enough of parents feedback with get the school to improve the basic things like rain cover for staircases (which they don't have now) .....etc
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Catalyst » Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:28 am

sounds good, thanks :D

Catalyst
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection