PSLE 2012 - Results Discussion

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.
AWSP
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Re: PSLE RESULT 2012

Post by AWSP » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:37 am

I dont agree with all of the above.
My experience with the posting here is that this is a good form of sharing information, nothing to do with boasting or comparing or adding stress to the children.
Most the postings in the past were really trying to dissect the profile of the cohort given the already little amount of information. An example is where the top 3% cut off line is so that the parents and students can make an informed decision in the schools to choose.
Blacking out the information is not the way to go. MOE should instead focus on raising the standards of the neighbourhood schools so that there is less premia in the "branded schools".

SI-6628
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: PSLE Results and Posting Dates

Post by SI-6628 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:46 am

..13min, 12min...final countdown ya...

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:89

Post by buds » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:50 am

I'm virtually gripping all your hands my friends! :grphug:

PiggyLalala
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:23

Post by PiggyLalala » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:50 am

:rahrah: :rahrah: All the best... :rahrah: :rahrah:
:rahrah: :rahrah: Good luck ...:rahrah: :rahrah:

Choco05
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by Choco05 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:53 am

Today is the day the forum floods. Good luck to all parents and their kids :)

:rahrah: :rahrah:

garyliu
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by garyliu » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:53 am

agreed. the children won't know and feel stressed if the parent don't tell them.

and this is the forum for parents.

MOE should use the same teaching programme of sap school/gep school in neighbourhood schools to raise the standards.
AWSP wrote:I dont agree with all of the above.
My experience with the posting here is that this is a good form of sharing information, nothing to do with boasting or comparing or adding stress to the children.
Most the postings in the past were really trying to dissect the profile of the cohort given the already little amount of information. An example is where the top 3% cut off line is so that the parents and students can make an informed decision in the schools to choose.
Blacking out the information is not the way to go. MOE should instead focus on raising the standards of the neighbourhood schools so that there is less premia in the "branded schools".

LovingDadSG
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
Total Likes:4

Post by LovingDadSG » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:58 am

I beg to differ with you. The secondary school booklet published by MOE already provides cutoff of past PSLE scores. If MOE is not releasing comprehensive data re: PSLE top score, second guessing based on unverified information here doesn't help. In any case when you apply for school, you can put multiple choices - so whatever it is, your children gets the best available choice based on his/her results and availability.

It is one thing for parents to motivate their children to do best but it is completely unnecessary obsession with getting into top schools that is the real root of the problem.

AWSP wrote:I dont agree with all of the above.

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:89

Post by buds » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:59 am

Yes, don't log out. Just keep yourself logged in or else if forum traffic slows down it will be very hard to log in. :frustrated:

octoberbaby
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:2

PSLE RESULT 2012

Post by octoberbaby » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:02 pm

It is allright to publish. Names of kids are not disclosed right?

Face it, we are living in competitive country. We have to stay competitive. Further we have to record who are the future scholars, who will be leading our country, changing National Policies or working in Government sectors.

ideaquest
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by ideaquest » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:03 pm

Best Wishes to all Students and Parents.

If possible learn to RELAX.

RELAX means:

R - Realistic expectation about your child, each child is unique

E - Enjoy the process, not just the result

L - Let the Teachers do their job, Parents - learn to relax

A - Adopt a wholistic view to child development, support your child to do her or his best.

X - eXpect more from your child, but be ready to accept less