Compare RGS vs NYGH

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

RGS vs NYGH DSA offer : which will you choose ?

RGS
53%
NYGH
47%

Total votes: 563

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:108

Re: RGS or NYGH

Post by jtoh » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:46 pm

friendship wrote:you mean RGS wrote a letter says 'I am please to inform you that....'
No lah. Cheval was just pointing out some common mistakes she sees in letters. RGS has a much higher standard of English than that.

Cheval
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by Cheval » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:11 pm

friendship wrote:you mean RGS wrote a letter says 'I am please to inform you that....'
No. I did hear saying 'I also cannot ...' at RI Open House presentations.

Please do not take me wrong, no offence meant.

justcoping
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by justcoping » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:44 pm

Hi I'd like to find out more from those whose daughters had a CO from both RGS and NYGH, what guided your/ DD's choice? and are you/ DD still happy with the choice after being in the school? Thanks, appreciate your advice.

Susanne
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Susanne » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:47 am

Hi my dd has received both offers from rgs and Nygh. It is very hard to choose. All good schools.

MotherHen
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:10

Post by MotherHen » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:02 am

Susanne wrote:Hi my dd has received both offers from rgs and Nygh. It is very hard to choose. All good schools.
I would say let your dd make the choice. My guess is, she would already have a preference. I think most kids that age would already have the intuition as to which school suits them better. I let my dd be the decision-maker last year and yes, she's had a fabulous 8 months in the school so far.

Like you said, both are good schools. :congrats: and all the best to your dd!

CCKparent
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by CCKparent » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:41 pm

Friend of mine, daughter is good in both academic and many other talents, from RGS, but no morale values. Forget about visiting her parents during Chinese New Year, selfish thinking, is a good manager, able to deliver work's task and delegate works but emotionally and social skills are bad.

Dreamgear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:13

Post by Dreamgear » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:44 pm

CCKparent wrote:Friend of mine, daughter is good in both academic and many other talents, from RGS, but no morale values. Forget about visiting her parents during Chinese New Year, selfish thinking, is a good manager, able to deliver work's task and delegate works but emotionally and social skills are bad.
So do you think she will turn out differently if she went to nygs? Or any other school?

CCKparent
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by CCKparent » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:05 pm

See some good example of lady who were from NYGS, ex-president Wang Ding Chang 's wife, supporting family, grooming and educating the kids and make them well recognized in the society.

NYGS- more lady like, a good mother, a good wife, a good daughter, more good friends not looking for status, very strong Chinese culture, more be a little too conservative in making decision as more emotion will be coming in.
RGS - good manager, good leader, good PM, must win kind of attitude, western culture, definitely will not get bully in the society.

stay2013
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by stay2013 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:10 pm

Dreamgear wrote:
CCKparent wrote:Friend of mine, daughter is good in both academic and many other talents, from RGS, but no morale values. Forget about visiting her parents during Chinese New Year, selfish thinking, is a good manager, able to deliver work's task and delegate works but emotionally and social skills are bad.
So do you think she will turn out differently if she went to nygs? Or any other school?
How a child turns up to be depends on many factors. I believe before & after RGS, she has gone on to a primary school, JC, university etc. Also, family upbringing plays a big part.

GLORYmum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:107

Post by GLORYmum » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:19 pm

At nygh, You need to have passion for Chinese language and appreciation for its traditional culture.
Nygh or rgs is a good school :)