PSLE 2010

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

PSLE 2010

Postby PSLEmom » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:00 pm

Dear Friends,
My P6 child who is appearing for PSLE 2010 is only just average in studies. Even now during Prelims, he is not thorough with his topics....Not sure whether we have time for a complete/topical revision....Kindly recommend a suitable time-table so that he can have a complete revision of all 4 subjects (EMS & MT). The school gives so much of homework that we hardly get time to do a revision at home. But we can spare couple of hours for home revision. He leaves for school at 6.30am & returns at 6pm with all extra classes...I feel very guilty to make him do home revision but looks like no choice until PSLE. Pls help.

PSLEmom
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby mum42 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:55 pm

Hi, tell him to hang on, just a few weeks more to go. Told my DS he only has this chance to work hard to go to the school he wanted. Give him a lot of praises when he put in extra effort to study and encouragement when he feels stress. (Worked for my DS, now busy but happy in Sec 1).

mum42
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby James Ang » Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:45 am

A good secondary school is worth it, especially the much sought after Intergrated Program schools for the top 5% of cohort.

James Ang
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection