School venue for taking PSLE Exams

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

School venue for taking PSLE Exams

Postby Vanilla Cake » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:12 pm

Some schools arrange to allow all their P6 students to take PSLE exams in air-conditioned environment while others do not. Do you think that this makes any difference in the PSLE performance of these P6 students?

Besides the above query, where are the venues for PSLE exams in other schools - hall, classroom, CCA rooms etc?

VC's mum

Vanilla Cake
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
 
Posts: 876
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 5:45 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby joconde » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:22 pm

I think my child's school is having it in the classrooms. I prefer that bcause the familiar setting is less likely to cause nervousness. Guess I'll have concern if the pupils are put in air-con rooms. The coldness may just induce more nervousness. Also, it won't do good to my child's sensitive nose.

joconde
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:15 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby kuzco » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:57 pm

Last year, DS had his exam in the school hall which is aircon. He had to bring along a sweater as he was sitting along the path of the cold air from the aircon.

kuzco
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 277
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:58 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby mrswongtuition » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:08 pm

Another deciding factor is the NOISE factor.

For some schools, their school hall is very near the road or very near another school (maybe secondary school) which might be noisy, so the school might decide to let the kids use the classrooms which are quieter.

Another consideration for some schools is comfort. If the school has an aircon hall, they might think that it's to the student's comfort to place them in the hall.

There are pros & cons to classrooms or halls. Don't let such a minor issue affect you cos kids can get vibes from us and it may cause them to be unhappy to be at a certain venue for their exams.

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1835
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:02 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby Guest » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:15 pm

mrswongtuition wrote:There are pros & cons to classrooms or halls. Don't let such a minor issue affect you cos kids can get vibes from us and it may cause them to be unhappy to be at a certain venue for their exams.


I totally agree. They should just focus on the exams and not the hygiene factors.
Guest
 


Re: School venue for taking PSLE Exams

Postby the kiasu student » Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:41 pm

Vanilla Cake wrote:Some schools arrange to allow all their P6 students to take PSLE exams in air-conditioned environment while others do not. Do you think that this makes any difference in the PSLE performance of these P6 students?

Besides the above query, where are the venues for PSLE exams in other schools - hall, classroom, CCA rooms etc?

VC's mum


I think when he or she is in an air-conditioned room, he will think better. It's been scientifically proven. Oh no, I'm having my PSLE in my own classroom this year! :stupid:

the kiasu student
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 43
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:24 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: School venue for taking PSLE Exams

Postby Sun_2010 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:45 am

the kiasu student wrote:
Vanilla Cake wrote:Some schools arrange to allow all their P6 students to take PSLE exams in air-conditioned environment while others do not. Do you think that this makes any difference in the PSLE performance of these P6 students?

Besides the above query, where are the venues for PSLE exams in other schools - hall, classroom, CCA rooms etc?

VC's mum


I think when he or she is in an air-conditioned room, he will think better. It's been scientifically proven. Oh no, I'm having my PSLE in my own classroom this year! :stupid:


To each his/her own.

DD would love it if she could do it in class room.
Aircon makes her fingers feel cold...

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4613
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:13 pm
Total Likes: 145


Postby snowman.697 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:23 pm

Me too. Plus classroom is more "natural".

snowman.697
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 407
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:56 pm
Total Likes: 0



Return to Secondary Schools - Selection