Transfer procedures from DSA choice to another choice?

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

Transfer procedures from DSA choice to another choice?

Postby Babyboomer » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:54 pm

Can anyone with prior experience advise me on the following?

My ds is on WL for Sch A in the DSA exercise. She decides to put Sch A as her 1st choice in the Exercise School Preference stage on 25 Oct.

If she's selected to Sch A on results day but choose to apply for Sch B (because of excellent results) and accepted by Sch B - what are the transfer procedures? I have read in this forum that it is a tedious process and thus will like to be prepared just in case.

Thanks! :?:

Babyboomer
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby INNOVATE » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:07 pm

Babyboomer

Why engage in this type of game?

If school A places your kid on WL and you have taken it up by 25 Oct, by all means, make good your option notwithstanding remarkable score in PSLE.

INNOVATE
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Transfer procedures from DSA choice to another choice?

Postby verykiasu2010 » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:15 pm

Babyboomer wrote:Can anyone with prior experience advise me on the following?

My ds is on WL for Sch A in the DSA exercise. She decides to put Sch A as her 1st choice in the Exercise School Preference stage on 25 Oct.

If she's selected to Sch A on results day but choose to apply for Sch B (because of excellent results) and accepted by Sch B - what are the transfer procedures? I have read in this forum that it is a tedious process and thus will like to be prepared just in case.

how to apply to school B after accepting the WL of school A and selected to Sch A on results day ?
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Babyboomer » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:50 pm

verykiasu2010 wrote:

how to apply to school B after accepting the WL of school A and selected to Sch A on results day ?

I see what you mean - once accepted by sch A, she's not eligible for S1 posting exercise? I'm not sure but it does happen from what I have read. :?

Babyboomer
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby jtoh » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:13 pm

Babyboomer wrote:
verykiasu2010 wrote:

I see what you mean - once accepted by sch A, she's not eligible for S1 posting exercise? I'm not sure but it does happen from what I have read. :?

Once your daughter is successful in getting a place in a school during the DSA exercise, she will not be eligible for the S1 Central Posting Exericise. Her PSLE results will show the school she's been posted to. No S1 Central Posting form will be given to her.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection