How Sec 1 posting work ?

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

How Sec 1 posting work ?

Postby penjuin69 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:59 pm

any one know how the posting to seconday 1 work ? Need your valuable advise to decide how to submit the 6 choices. Thank you

penjuin69
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:16 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: How Sec 1 posting work ?

Postby jtoh » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:38 pm

penjuin69 wrote:any one know how the posting to seconday 1 work ? Need your valuable advise to decide how to submit the 6 choices. Thank you


Check up that thick book which was given to all P6 students on how to select your secondary school. The procedure is very clearly written in the book.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 10921
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:47 pm
Total Likes: 91


Re: How Sec 1 posting work ?

Postby penjuin69 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:18 pm

jtoh wrote:
penjuin69 wrote:any one know how the posting to seconday 1 work ? Need your valuable advise to decide how to submit the 6 choices. Thank you


Check up that thick book which was given to all P6 students on how to select your secondary school. The procedure is very clearly written in the book.


Thanks Jtoh. But would like to know more on the how moe do the posting. eg. if 1st choice not given, 2nd choice will be considered based on remainding vacants right ? and the chances to 2nd choice is very slim... hmmmm.... hard to decide for 1st choice...

penjuin69
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:16 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: How Sec 1 posting work ?

Postby livewith_vanilla » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:37 pm

penjuin69 wrote:
jtoh wrote:
penjuin69 wrote:any one know how the posting to seconday 1 work ? Need your valuable advise to decide how to submit the 6 choices. Thank you


Check up that thick book which was given to all P6 students on how to select your secondary school. The procedure is very clearly written in the book.


Thanks Jtoh. But would like to know more on the how moe do the posting. eg. if 1st choice not given, 2nd choice will be considered based on remainding vacants right ? and the chances to 2nd choice is very slim... hmmmm.... hard to decide for 1st choice...



I don't really understand what you are writing, but let me just tell you the procedure.

Okay so child A gets 254. Child B gets 253.

Child A selects School A as first choice and School C as second choice.
However School A has no more vacancies, so she is posted into her second choice, School C.
It is only after Child A has been posted into a school then it is Child B's turn.

You get what I mean?

livewith_vanilla
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 415
Joined: Sat May 08, 2010 9:38 pm
Total Likes: 0


S1 posting

Postby ruohoo97 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:20 pm

S1 posting is purely by merit. Therefore, the first two choices may not neccessarily above COP, however,at least one of two out of six choices you submit should be within the range of COP .

ruohoo97
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
 
Posts: 890
Joined: Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:34 pm
Total Likes: 4



Re: How Sec 1 posting work ?

Postby penjuin69 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:04 pm

livewith_vanilla wrote:
penjuin69 wrote:
jtoh wrote:
penjuin69 wrote:any one know how the posting to seconday 1 work ? Need your valuable advise to decide how to submit the 6 choices. Thank you


Check up that thick book which was given to all P6 students on how to select your secondary school. The procedure is very clearly written in the book.


Thanks Jtoh. But would like to know more on the how moe do the posting. eg. if 1st choice not given, 2nd choice will be considered based on remainding vacants right ? and the chances to 2nd choice is very slim... hmmmm.... hard to decide for 1st choice...



I don't really understand what you are writing, but let me just tell you the procedure.

Okay so child A gets 254. Child B gets 253.

Child A selects School A as first choice and School C as second choice.
However School A has no more vacancies, so she is posted into her second choice, School C.
It is only after Child A has been posted into a school then it is Child B's turn.

You get what I mean?


Thank u vy much Livewith_vanila.

further clarification needed.. pls help.. :)

What should the 2nd & 3rd, 4th choice be ? if cant get in the 1st choice and COP is sure in for 2nd choice (eg. School C), will the child be queuing
behind those children with lower COP but opted school C as the 1st choice?
Does it mean that the second choice school acceptance COP has to alot lower, so to ensure acceptance? I just want to know the selection process so not to end up with the school with vacancies nearest to my house.

penjuin69
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:16 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: How Sec 1 posting work ?

Postby jtoh » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:33 pm

penjuin69 wrote:
livewith_vanilla wrote:
penjuin69 wrote:
jtoh wrote:
penjuin69 wrote:any one know how the posting to seconday 1 work ? Need your valuable advise to decide how to submit the 6 choices. Thank you


Check up that thick book which was given to all P6 students on how to select your secondary school. The procedure is very clearly written in the book.


Thanks Jtoh. But would like to know more on the how moe do the posting. eg. if 1st choice not given, 2nd choice will be considered based on remainding vacants right ? and the chances to 2nd choice is very slim... hmmmm.... hard to decide for 1st choice...



I don't really understand what you are writing, but let me just tell you the procedure.

Okay so child A gets 254. Child B gets 253.

Child A selects School A as first choice and School C as second choice.
However School A has no more vacancies, so she is posted into her second choice, School C.
It is only after Child A has been posted into a school then it is Child B's turn.

You get what I mean?


Thank u vy much Livewith_vanila.

further clarification needed.. pls help.. :)

What should the 2nd & 3rd, 4th choice be ? if cant get in the 1st choice and COP is sure in for 2nd choice (eg. School C), will the child be queuing
behind those children with lower COP but opted school C as the 1st choice?
Does it mean that the second choice school acceptance COP has to alot lower, so to ensure acceptance? I just want to know the selection process so not to end up with the school with vacancies nearest to my house.


Hi Penjuin,

The allocation of schools is purely by merit, as livewith vanilla explained. So let's say your child has an aggregate of 251 and puts School A as first choice and School B as 2nd choice. If he doesn't get into his first choice but his aggregate is enough to get him into his 2nd choice, he will be allocated his 2nd choice. It doesn't matter whether the person after him (say Person B with score 250) placed School B as 1st choice because your child is ranked higher than Person B. So the computer will finish your child's allocation before moving onto Person B.

So what if Person B has the same score as your child? Although you both may have 251, MOE recognises the t-score up to MANY decimals, ie 251.xxxxxxxxxxx. MOE has said that it is very unlikely that two children will have the exact same score down to the last decimal. In the very unlikely scenario that it does happen, then yes, the person who put School B as 1st choice will be given that last remaining vacancy.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 10921
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:47 pm
Total Likes: 91


Re: How Sec 1 posting work ?

Postby penjuin69 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:30 pm

jtoh wrote:
penjuin69 wrote:
livewith_vanilla wrote:
penjuin69 wrote:
jtoh wrote:
penjuin69 wrote:any one know how the posting to seconday 1 work ? Need your valuable advise to decide how to submit the 6 choices. Thank you


Check up that thick book which was given to all P6 students on how to select your secondary school. The procedure is very clearly written in the book.


Thanks Jtoh. But would like to know more on the how moe do the posting. eg. if 1st choice not given, 2nd choice will be considered based on remainding vacants right ? and the chances to 2nd choice is very slim... hmmmm.... hard to decide for 1st choice...



I don't really understand what you are writing, but let me just tell you the procedure.

Okay so child A gets 254. Child B gets 253.

Child A selects School A as first choice and School C as second choice.
However School A has no more vacancies, so she is posted into her second choice, School C.
It is only after Child A has been posted into a school then it is Child B's turn.

You get what I mean?


Thank u vy much Livewith_vanila.

further clarification needed.. pls help.. :)

What should the 2nd & 3rd, 4th choice be ? if cant get in the 1st choice and COP is sure in for 2nd choice (eg. School C), will the child be queuing
behind those children with lower COP but opted school C as the 1st choice?
Does it mean that the second choice school acceptance COP has to alot lower, so to ensure acceptance? I just want to know the selection process so not to end up with the school with vacancies nearest to my house.


Hi Penjuin,

The allocation of schools is purely by merit, as livewith vanilla explained. So let's say your child has an aggregate of 251 and puts School A as first choice and School B as 2nd choice. If he doesn't get into his first choice but his aggregate is enough to get him into his 2nd choice, he will be allocated his 2nd choice. It doesn't matter whether the person after him (say Person B with score 250) placed School B as 1st choice because your child is ranked higher than Person B. So the computer will finish your child's allocation before moving onto Person B.

So what if Person B has the same score as your child? Although you both may have 251, MOE recognises the t-score up to MANY decimals, ie 251.xxxxxxxxxxx. MOE has said that it is very unlikely that two children will have the exact same score down to the last decimal. In the very unlikely scenario that it does happen, then yes, the person who put School B as 1st choice will be given that last remaining vacancy.


Thank You vy much both... i'm clearer now. Thanks for the advise and help.

penjuin69
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:16 am
Total Likes: 0


Postby jtoh » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:40 pm

You're welcome. :)

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 10921
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:47 pm
Total Likes: 91


Re: How Sec 1 posting work ?

Postby jiyou2003 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:57 pm

jtoh wrote:
penjuin69 wrote:any one know how the posting to seconday 1 work ? Need your valuable advise to decide how to submit the 6 choices. Thank you


Check up that thick book which was given to all P6 students on how to select your secondary school. The procedure is very clearly written in the book.


Any idea can we view the thick book content in any website? Interested to know the procedure and the aggregate of respective school.
thks

jiyou2003
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:05 pm
Total Likes: 0


Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection