Better Schools in East (Pasir Ris/Tampines) for NA students

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

Better Schools in East (Pasir Ris/Tampines) for NA students

Postby concernmum_ps » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:02 am

My boy is eligible only for NA course (T-score 183). We're staying in the Pasir Ris. Can someone advise me which are the better schools which I can consider ? Thanks !

I've also consider Dunman Sec, but heard their Normal/Express's banding- level banding has dropped for last 2 years. Do you think this is a concern ? :?

Thank you !

concernmum_ps
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Better Schools in East (Pasir Ris/Tampines) for NA stude

Postby koguma » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:28 am

concernmum_ps wrote:My boy is eligible only for NA course (T-score 183). We're staying in the Pasir Ris. Can someone advise me which are the better schools which I can consider ? Thanks !

I've also consider Dunman Sec, but heard their Normal/Express's banding- level banding has dropped for last 2 years. Do you think this is a concern ? :?

Thank you !

Personally, I am not concern abt the banding :)
You may want to check out the schools. If you child prefer NA pace, ask him to work hard so that he can skip N level exam in Sec 4 and proceed to Sec 5 direct. Alternatively, sit for N level and get good results to go Highter Nitec or Polytechnic foundation (i think is call this). Otherwise, work hard in Sec 1 and promote to Sec 2 Express.

1) Pasir Ris Crest Sec
2) Dunman Sec
3) Pasir Ris Sec
4) Hai Sing Catholic
5) Bedok Green Sec
6) Bedok View Sec

koguma
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby concernmum_ps » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:47 pm

Hi, thanks for the reply ! Are you suggesting to put Pasir Ris Crest as 1st choice ?

I'm quite surprise that Pasir Ris Crest supercede Dunman Sec. I thought Dunman Sec is a better school. Any reason for the above sequence you've made ?

Thank you :)

concernmum_ps
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby koguma » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:30 pm

concernmum_ps wrote:Hi, thanks for the reply ! Are you suggesting to put Pasir Ris Crest as 1st choice ?

I'm quite surprise that Pasir Ris Crest supercede Dunman Sec. I thought Dunman Sec is a better school. Any reason for the above sequence you've made ?

Thank you :)

I think both Dunman Sec and Pasir Ris Crest have their strength and weaknesses, I suggest you look at other factors like CCA your child wish to join, travelling time, what subjects they offered in Sec 3, etc.
Btw, I put Pasir Ris Crest as it is in Pasir Ris, thought it is nearer to your house :)

Just for your info, the banding for the 2 schools from MOE website as follow. Think Pasir Ris Crest has make improvement each year, but Dunman has done well to be in top 2 bands most of the time.

Pasir Ris Crest
2010 - band 2
2009 - band 3
2008 - no ranking (no reason given, maybe due to low population or poor results)
2007 - band 4

Dunman Sec
2010 - band 2
2009 - band 1
2008 - band 1
2007 - band 2

koguma
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby concernmum_ps » Tue Nov 30, 2010 3:52 pm

Hi, thanks so much for your advice ! :)

concernmum_ps