Can you appeal to take Japanese if not given option ??

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

Can you appeal to take Japanese if not given option ??

Postby iikengkeng » Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:58 pm

My dd is interested in Japanese language but she's not given the option.

Can we appeal?

iikengkeng
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Can you appeal to take Japanese if not given option ??

Postby ApronMama » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:51 am

iikengkeng wrote:My dd is interested in Japanese language but she's not given the option.

Can we appeal?

Even if you want to try, think you will still be at a lower priority compared to those who are offered but not allocated due to limited vacancies.

ApronMama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Jennifer » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:29 am

To get a definite answer on whether u can appeal, it is best to call up MOE Language Centre http://www.moelc.moe.edu.sg/contactus/contactus.htm

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jtoh » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:43 am

You can try but I doubt because Japanese is the most popular third language and not all who were offered and applied for it will get it, let alone someone who doesn't qualify for French/Jap/German to begin with.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby YuriHikage » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:58 pm

Yea I also want to know if we can appeal for Japanese lang even tho my score isn;t in top 10%. If there are still vacancies (oh please please..) then they would take in the higher scores first right ? (I really hope so because my score is near to 250 and I heard that 250 -minus plus- is the cut-off score for top 10%) :pray:

YuriHikage
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby sporemum » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:37 am

YuriHikage wrote:Yea I also want to know if we can appeal for Japanese lang even tho my score isn;t in top 10%. If there are still vacancies (oh please please..) then they would take in the higher scores first right ? (I really hope so because my score is near to 250 and I heard that 250 -minus plus- is the cut-off score for top 10%) :pray:

Did u opt for another third language that is in yr form eg MSP or CSP? If so, after u get an acceptance letter (at yr sec sch u wd be reptg to on 22 dec) , u can bring this to the MOE Bishan centre where u can request for a form of trsfr to another lang. State your reasons. Attach ur PSLE result slip.

This method is not foolproof, but if there are vacancies(which they will probably fill topdown), then they will inform u via the sec sch in the first wk when the term starts. This is what we did 2 yrs ago, but my child was in top10%, only not initially given the first choice before the appeal.

sporemum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection