appeal interview

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

appeal interview

Postby HermioneCrookshanks » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:40 pm

I got 261+3 and I have DSA offer, I try to appeal to NYGH, they ask me to have a short interview, who have such experience to share? Thank you very much

HermioneCrookshanks
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby gleemom » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:54 pm

My dd just went for interview with NYGH. She appealed under CCA. 1-to-1 interview with prinicipal & cca teacher-in-charge. Midway through the interview, she invited the parent into the interview and my dd was given a place on the spot. A letter of transfer will then be given to bring to DSA school to transfer out of school. It was a pleasant experience. But don't be disheartened if not offered immediately, the office said they will call between 28 to 30 Dec for successful cases.

gleemom
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby HermioneCrookshanks » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:21 pm

gleemom wrote:My dd just went for interview with NYGH. She appealed under CCA. 1-to-1 interview with prinicipal & cca teacher-in-charge. Midway through the interview, she invited the parent into the interview and my dd was given a place on the spot. A letter of transfer will then be given to bring to DSA school to transfer out of school. It was a pleasant experience. But don't be disheartened if not offered immediately, the office said they will call between 28 to 30 Dec for successful cases.

What did they ask and how long did the interview take? The phonecall said it will only take 10-15min. :wink:

HermioneCrookshanks
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby gleemom » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:46 pm

- tell us a bit about yourself
- why you want to join NY
- if CCA, why you like this CCA, are you happy with CCA achievement so far, etc
Tell her to relax and be herself. The principal and teachers are very nice and friendly.

gleemom
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby HermioneCrookshanks » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:48 pm

gleemom wrote:- tell us a bit about yourself
Tell her to relax and be herself. The principal and teachers are very nice and friendly.

:thankyou: very much and :congrats: for getting into NY. May I know which CCA ur daughter is in? Mine is in choir from NHPS.

HermioneCrookshanks
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby MoonFlower » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:27 pm

HermioneCrookshanks wrote:
gleemom wrote:- tell us a bit about yourself

:thankyou: very much and :congrats: for getting into NY. May I know which CCA ur daughter is in? Mine is in choir from NHPS.

yes, Mdm heng is very friendly and nice principal. Good luck to yr dd.

MoonFlower
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby HermioneCrookshanks » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:30 pm

I just went for the interview, it is like chatting with the teachers. When I was interviewing, RGS gave me offer.

HermioneCrookshanks
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Zann » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:00 pm

HermioneCrookshanks wrote:I just went for the interview, it is like chatting with the teachers. When I was interviewing, RGS gave me offer.

You mean you have appeal to both NY and RGS ? Which is your first choice and which school were you DSAed to?

Zann
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby HermioneCrookshanks » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:06 am

Yes. I appealed to 2 schools. NYGH just called too! DSAed MGS, but don't want to go. Cannot put choice as I accepted the DSA. :rahrah: :D
Last edited by HermioneCrookshanks on Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

HermioneCrookshanks
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby fromnuaa » Fri Dec 24, 2010 9:24 am

my daughter just give up NYGH last day, maybe you replace my daughter's vacancy in NYGH....:lol:

which one you choose? NYGH or RGS?

HermioneCrookshanks wrote:Yes. I appealed to 2 schools. NYGH just called too! :rahrah: :D

fromnuaa
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection