NJC vs DHS

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

NJC vs DHS

Postby czw168 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:46 am

my boy's PSLE score is 255+2, he has accepted DSA offer from DHS. How big is the chance to appeal to HCI? I want to appeal NJC for him as well because we stay in Bukit Timah area. Which one is better NJC or DHS? Thanks.

czw168
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Parents of studnets in NJC or DHS - which one is better?

Postby czw168 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:54 am

Hi, My boy score is 255+2 and has accepted DSA offer from DHS. Shall I appeal to admit to NJC because we stay in Bukit Timah area. Which one is better? Thank you very much for your reply. Is there chance to appeal to admit to HCI??[/b]

czw168
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Just an opinion

Postby Bear.w.me » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:16 am

Both DHS and NJC are top schools to begin with.

DHS i believe is less stringent in offering DSA comparing to other top schools in Bukit Timah areas.

My advise is you should appeal to NJC but not HCI because of your son's T-score achievement is closer matched to NJC's. Moreover, HCI is a more popular school which by now may have received more appeals than one can imagine.

If distance is not a major consideration, then stick to DHS. The difference in school fees can pay for the transportation.

Bear.w.me
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Just an opinion

Postby noob » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:38 am

Bear.w.me wrote:Both DHS and NJC are top schools to begin with.

DHS i believe is less stringent in offering DSA comparing to other top schools in Bukit Timah areas.

My advise is you should appeal to NJC but not HCI because of your son's T-score achievement is closer matched to NJC's. Moreover, HCI is a more popular school which by now may have received more appeals than one can imagine.

If distance is not a major consideration, then stick to DHS. The difference in school fees can pay for the transportation.

I failed to agreed. Your chances to HCI is higher as you can appeal base on 257 t-score which is touching their base score whereas NJC you can only use 255 t-score to appeal which is 2 pts away.

noob
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: Just an opinion

Postby lizawa » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:01 pm

noob wrote:
Bear.w.me wrote:Both DHS and NJC are top schools to begin with.

I failed to agreed. Your chances to HCI is higher as you can appeal base on 257 t-score which is touching their base score whereas NJC you can only use 255 t-score to appeal which is 2 pts away.

noob is correct. However, not all 257 get posted to HCI, as far as I know. Some 257 fails to to get in, so it depends on the decimal points again. Try to call up the school and check how long is the waiting list.

lizawa
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection