Can We Reject The Sch We sucessfully Appealed?

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

Can We Reject The Sch We sucessfully Appealed?

Postby innocent » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:04 pm

DS posted to VS(2nd choice) with Tscore 247.

Appealed to CH(1st choice) of COP 247(what i get from a call to MOE).

I spoken to CH was told probably lost out to decimal pts.

If we are sucessful in posting to CH, can we reject and go to VS?

Any penalty for being fickle?

The reason is....

I very much preferred VS. Appear to me VS stress alot in character building. You see, DS has a discipline problem which need a fair amount of patient from teachers and classmates.

VS seems to be a very well equipped sch with an all rounder approach.

Not say CH lacks in anything but somehow i dont feel it even after visiting the sch numerous times. To me, they appear more academic oriented. Correct me if im wrong. need CH parents/students opinions.

However, my wife preferred CH since we stay in Bishan. She is concern of too much time spent traveling cos DS cannot manage time well tho im prepared to send DS to sch every morning.

So, decision to go VS or CH will also depends on the outcome fo the appeal. If rejected by CH, then VS is the only choice and wife wld not blame anyone for any other choices.

Thanks KSP forumers.

innocent
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Can We Reject The Sch We sucessfully Appealed?

Postby ksasalways » Mon Dec 27, 2010 1:22 pm

innocent wrote:DS posted to VS(2nd choice) with Tscore 247.

Appealed to CH(1st choice) of COP 247(what i get from a call to MOE).

I spoken to CH was told probably lost out to decimal pts.

The reason is....

I very much preferred VS. Appear to me VS stress alot in character building. You see, DS has a discipline problem which need a fair amount of patient from teachers and classmates.

VS seems to be a very well equipped sch with an all rounder approach.

Not say CH lacks in anything but somehow i dont feel it even after visiting the sch numerous times. To me, they appear more academic oriented. Correct me if im wrong. need CH parents/students opinions.

However, my wife preferred CH since we stay in Bishan. She is concern of too much time spent traveling cos DS cannot manage time well tho im prepared to send DS to sch every morning.

So, decision to go VS or CH will also depends on the outcome fo the appeal. If rejected by CH, then VS is the only choice and wife wld not blame anyone for any other choices.

Thanks KSP forumers.

What is your kid's preference?

ksasalways
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Can We Reject The Sch We sucessfully Appealed?

Postby lizawa » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:00 pm

innocent wrote:DS posted to VS(2nd choice) with Tscore 247.

Yes, you can reject and stick to your original posting. Don't think there is any penalty. CHS is also an equally good school. You have to consider time travelling back home also, as in Sec schools, there will be more afternoon activities and your son probably needs to go home by public transport. Having said that, you are lucky to be staying in Bishan, quite a centralized location.

lizawa
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Funz » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:28 pm

If you have decided not to go to CH. Then can call and withdraw your appeal now right? No need to wait for outcome. That way others who are appealing and are sure they want CH will be given the place instead.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Postby tankee » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:37 pm

It is better that you reach an agreement with your DW and DS.

And if you have no intention of accepting the appeal when successful, then withdraw now and don't deprive that place from another who really wants it.

:D

tankee
Site Admin

Postby ksasalways » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:45 pm

tankee wrote:It is better that you reach an agreement with your DW and DS.

And if you have no intention of accepting the appeal when successful, then withdraw now and don't deprive that place from another who really wants it.

:D

the GrandMaster has spoken....I think this is appropriate too :pray:

ksasalways
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby innocent » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:15 pm

Oh, so serious?.....we will deprive someone a chance?.....will do something abt it.

DS is pretty neutral. He is more concern of his computer games.

Its not that we hv no intention, but just too indecisive.

Secretly, i hope CH rejects so we hv no choice and DW accepts the fate.

innocent
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby autolycus » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:20 pm

innocent wrote:Oh, so serious?.....we will deprive someone a chance?.....will do something abt it.

I wouldn't ordinarily be concerned, but if your DS is more concerned with his computer games, I would be worried. :)

autolycus
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ycpang » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:37 pm

innocent wrote:Oh, so serious?.....we will deprive someone a chance?.....will do something abt it.

Unfortunate, your DS' chance at CH is very high. So you will likely be force to make a choice. Ask you DS where he like to go. Let him makes his own decision since both are equally good schools and either choices can't be wrong. Personally I prefer VS as I like their team spirit and all rounded education. Academic aspect CH is slightly better than VS. I know this is going to be a tough decision to make.

ycpang
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby phankao » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:52 pm

ycpang wrote:
innocent wrote:Secretly, i hope CH rejects so we hv no choice and DW accepts the fate.

Unfortunate, your DS' chance at CH is very high. So you will likely be force to make a choice. Ask you DS where he like to go. Let him makes his own decision since both are equally good schools and either choices can't be wrong. Personally I prefer VS as I like their team spirit and all rounded education. Academic aspect CH is slightly better than VS. I know this is going to be a tough decision to make.

If chance is high - then let God decide. Personally i'd go for CHS. Imagine travelling to Marine Parade everyday from bishan (faint). Even at CHS, the CCA could be like 2x/week and end in the early evenings.

Good thing too is that CHS starts only at 8am each morning, and ends fairly early at 2pm if you don't have other classes in the afternoon.

phankao
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection