Which Secondary Schools?

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

Which Secondary Schools?

Postby ppnqq » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:45 am

Those at AMK, Yishun, Bishan, Yio Chu Kang and Sembawang.

Besides those very good sec schools, which are the "NO NO" sec schools and the "Not Bad/Quite Good" sec schools and why?

Thank you for your input and sharing.

ppnqq
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: Which Secondary Schools?

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:12 am

ppnqq wrote:Those at AMK, Yishun, Bishan, Yio Chu Kang and Sembawang.

Besides those very good sec schools, which are the "NO NO" sec schools and the "Not Bad/Quite Good" sec schools and why?

While there are good students in "Not So Good" schools, there are also bad students in the "Elite Schools".

Postby ppnqq » Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:44 am

Yes, 25hoursmaid, I know and I agree with you too, which is why I did not ask for the elite ones. I just wanted to find out the overall aspects. TIA.

ppnqq
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby koguma » Mon Apr 04, 2011 3:15 pm

ppnqq wrote:Yes, 25hoursmaid, I know and I agree with you too, which is why I did not ask for the elite ones. I just wanted to find out the overall aspects. TIA.

when i choose schools for my nieces and nephews, beside looking at how the students in the schools behave (just look out for the students when they are in school uniform), i will also look at the following criterias.

1) How flexible the schools are when come to Sec 3 streaming. I believe students should study the subjects they like and not forced to do subjects which they are not interested.

2) CCAs - whether the CCA they want are offered in the schools

3) Travelling time

I also read this forum on what the parents/students said about the schools I am interested.

Hope the info is useful for you.

koguma
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ppnqq » Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:57 pm

True, Koguma, but the problem is, I do not know any of these schools. :oops:

ppnqq
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby sall » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:15 pm

When you receive a copy of the list of secondary schs given to all P6 students, you can compare the COP of the sch, in general, those with extremely low COP means more behavioural problems from students. Not wise to list the 'no no' sch, later get sued by the sch for tarnishing their image.

sall
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ppnqq » Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:38 pm

sall wrote:

When you receive a copy of the list of secondary schs given to all P6 students, you can compare the COP of the sch, in general, those with extremely low COP means more behavioural problems from students. Not wise to list the 'no no' sch, later get sued by the sch for tarnishing their image.

Lol. Then can those who know pm me? TIA. :wink:

ppnqq
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby koguma » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:34 pm

ppnqq wrote:True, Koguma, but the problem is, I do not know any of these schools. :oops:

if you can provide the following info, then you may get more help

1) you prefer mixed school or single sec school

2) you prefer schools affiliated to a JC

3) which cca your kid wants to join

4) what scores you think your kid will get for his PSLE

5) you prefer your kid to study in a school where his/her score is in the top 10% of the cohort? bottom 10% of the cohort? or about the same as most of the cohort?

cheers

koguma
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby matrix0405 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 3:52 pm

I wld choose based on COP and distance.

matrix0405
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby AppleCrumble » Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:27 pm

ppnqq wrote:
sall wrote:

Lol. Then can those who know pm me? TIA. :wink:

Hi. I have sent u a pm. Hope it helps. :D

AppleCrumble
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection