Relocate & Skip PSLE. Gain entry to Sec Sch when back?

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

Relocate & Skip PSLE. Gain entry to Sec Sch when back?

Postby solar » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:49 pm

We are considering to relocate for a few years but my elder child is likely to miss PSLE. Sch has advised that we come back for PSLE. Without PSLE cert, how likely is it for my child to gain entry to a gd secondary sch when we are back? Without PSLE cert, is DSA possible?

solar
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Relocate & Skip PSLE. Gain entry to Sec Sch when back?

Postby MandyMummy » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:09 pm

solar wrote:We are considering to relocate for a few years but my elder child is likely to miss PSLE. Sch has advised that we come back for PSLE. Without PSLE cert, how likely is it for my child to gain entry to a gd secondary sch when we are back? Without PSLE cert, is DSA possible?

This website may be useful to you.

http://www.moe.gov.sg/education/admissi ... -exercise/

MandyMummy
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Snow Crystal » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:15 pm

Know of cases whereby after sitting for above SPERS Test as kindly posted by MandyMummy, the returning children got through to second tier good secondary schools. Non IP. So don't be too worried. :smile:

Snow Crystal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jtoh » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:21 pm

You can go to the top tier schools through SPERS. It all depends on how well you score and the number of vacancies available.

As for DSA, this takes place before PSLE so no PSLE certificate is necessary. Some kids fly back just for the DSA process.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Postby kaka » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:36 pm

A friend of mine was away for the last 5 years with her family. Her Ds got into NJC through SPERS. Getting into top school without PSLE is possible, like what jtoh say, depends on score and number of vacancies.

kaka
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection