ACS I (O level) vs FMS (S) vs Nan Hua...

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

ACS I (O level) vs FMS (S) vs Nan Hua...

Postby SS66 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:40 pm

Hi !

Can anyone share which of the above will bw a better choice ? My boy likley to be 235 to 240++ range..he is fr FMS(P).

noticed some school e.g. FMS has COP of 240++ but in terms of banding, the school is in Band 6. Whereas some other school with lower COP are of better banding..

is COP or banding a more impt factor in choosig a school ? Thanks in advance :lovesite:

SS66
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: ACS I (O level) vs FMS (S) vs Nan Hua...

Postby Helping--Hand » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:11 pm

SS66 wrote:Hi !

Can anyone share which of the above will bw a better choice ? My boy likley to be 235 to 240++ range..he is fr FMS(P).

noticed some school e.g. FMS has COP of 240++ but in terms of banding, the school is in Band 6. Whereas some other school with lower COP are of better banding..

is COP or banding a more impt factor in choosig a school ? Thanks in advance :lovesite:

Hi
do you live in the east?
Chung Cheng and TKSS will be suitable :D

Helping--Hand
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Snow Crystal » Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:20 pm

You are asking for west schools so presume you are looking at west side. I thought min 245 for ACSI express if non affiliated and 235 for affiliated. I will choose ACSI Express cos there's a chance to be considered for ACSI IB at end year 2 if your DS manages top few positions in year 1 and 2 express. And if your DS is affiliated boy since you put >235, he will have many friends from primary school and no culture shock. Another good west school is Bukit Panjang. Just my two cents.

Snow Crystal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby nanosphere » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:49 pm

The cop for fms shld be ard 188 for affiliation(express) and ard 237 for non-affiliation.in view of that i do think that fms did fairly well in terms of banding as compare to school having the same cop. :smile:

nanosphere
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby nanosphere » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:02 pm

Just realised that fms(s) has revised their cop for affiliated students to 200 instead of 188 (based on 2010 result). :smile:

nanosphere
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby SS66 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:58 pm

Tks for all the replies

His school forecast his score to be 240
Hopefully he can do better

FMS n ACSI are within walking distance

Btw is commonwealth considered a better school than FMS since it is in band3?
I supposed the poor banding for FMS is partly due to affiliation

So if he manages to get close to 245 then ACS I would b a better choice thn FMS?
Btw how is nan hua? Is it a must to have higher Chinese to get in?
Tks

SS66
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection