Presbyterian High Vs CHIJ Sec TPY

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

Presbyterian High Vs CHIJ Sec TPY

Postby ppnqq » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:21 pm

Appreciate your feedback, advises and experiences on these schools. TIA.

ppnqq
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: Presbyterian High Vs CHIJ Sec TPY

Postby ppnqq » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:58 pm

Anyone knows anything about these schools can kindly provide some feedback and advise on which will you choose and why please? TIA.

ppnqq
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ppnqq » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:43 am

:sad:

ppnqq
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby MadScientist » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:45 am

My choice is clearly CHIJ. ;)

MadScientist
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ppnqq » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:08 am

Thank you MadScientist for the respond.

May I ask did you choose CHIH TP because of the better banding? How about their culture and teachers there? Would appreciate if you know anything else about the school because too many negative feedback on this school. TIA.

Appreciate if anyone can advise which of these 2 schools are better in terms of the dedication of the teachers and culture of the school? Here, we don't think about their banding.

Thank you.

ppnqq
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby MadScientist » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:25 pm

ppnqq wrote:Thank you MadScientist for the respond.

May I ask did you choose CHIH TP because of the better banding? How about their culture and teachers there? Would appreciate if you know anything else about the school because too many negative feedback on this school. TIA.

Appreciate if anyone can advise which of these 2 schools are better in terms of the dedication of the teachers and culture of the school? Here, we don't think about their banding.

Thank you.

I never thought of the banding...

Just thought about the culture and the end-products.

I find that most of the CHIJ cluster of schools are good for overall character development, which IMHO is much more important than acedemic (not that acedemic achievements are unimportant).

I know many many alumni of CHIJ, and particularly CHIJ TPY, and they tend to fare well after leaving the school.

We have to look far, for long(er) term results, not so much about short term gains, which IMHO many go for these days.
But that's just me.

All the best!

MadScientist
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ppnqq » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:52 pm

Thank you MadScientist again fo the advise.

Same here, which is why I mentioned do not look at the banding when I asked for the feedback as you can read from the other thread, it seems like there are too many negative feedback on the school so am worried.

ppnqq
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby MadScientist » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:07 pm

ppnqq wrote:Thank you MadScientist again fo the advise.

Same here, which is why I mentioned do not look at the banding when I asked for the feedback as you can read from the other thread, it seems like there are too many negative feedback on the school so am worried.

You know... from this video we can learn a lot...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7w6rDDD_lCo

My belief, and not necessary the standard belief, is that our children will follow how we live. It is very true as I see examples everyday that demonstrate it is so.
This means to say that we as parents, if we want our kids to be great people, we must first change our little ways into great ways. From young, they see us as their role models, their heros, etc. That is the nature of being a parent.

So, the values you (and me) hold are critical as they set the standard values that our children would have.

When they go to school, these values can be tested, and will be... it will happen all the time, eg. working life, etc.
And I think a time will come when they get confused as to why things don't seem to work as it is supposed to.

That's where a family is important, particularly the involvement of the parents in their lives.

So... while I have no idea what negative feedback you received about the school, I look at the alumni... if the ladies who graduated from that school have a particular set of values in them, it is very obvious... and this in turn affects directly how they do in life overall.

There is no escape nor cover-up for this. It will be very clear.

That's my take... and at times, believe in your children... cos, you inadvertedly believe in yourself. (this I admit, can be difficult to do at times!)

All the best!

MadScientist
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Helping--Hand » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:11 pm

:please:
MadScientist wrote:
ppnqq wrote:Thank you MadScientist for the respond.

Thank you.

I never thought of the banding...

Just thought about the culture and the end-products.

I find that most of the CHIJ cluster of schools are good for overall character development, which IMHO is much more important than acedemic (not that acedemic achievements are unimportant).

I know many many alumni of CHIJ, and particularly CHIJ TPY, and they tend to fare well after leaving the school.

We have to look far, for long(er) term results, not so much about short term gains, which IMHO many go for these days.
But that's just me.

All the best!

After going to CHIJ Sec today, my impression to the school changed completely.
The students that were on duty(dutributing fliers& introducing) were like chatting away and not helping out. Looks like the teachers were more "zhi dong" than the pupils in change. And, i thought that my sis school, CHIJ Katong Convent, the pupils were more helpful and initiative than CHIJ Secondary's. I would recommend CHIJ Katong Convent. Their Art is strong too though their banding were not as good as CHIJ Sec. :please:

Helping--Hand
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection