VS or ACSI

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

VS or ACSI

Postby Amberglades » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:28 pm

Any idea what is the indicative COP for VS? Is it worth to try if the score is 250?

Amberglades
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: VS or ACSI

Postby Amberglades » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:05 pm

If cant get in VS IP, is it better to choose VS O or over ACSI?

Amberglades
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Edureach » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:19 pm

Apart from distance, first understand the difference btw A-level and IB. Then yr choice is clearer.

Edureach
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby jedamum » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:45 pm

Edureach wrote:Apart from distance, first understand the difference btw A-level and IB. Then yr choice is clearer.

off topic, both me and my husband never took A-levels before. Is there a characteristics/skills profile of the type of students suitable for the respective route? are students in IB able to gain entry into local Uni?
do we have a separate thread on this? i am keen to find out more.
TQ.

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Edureach » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:06 am

jedamum wrote:
Edureach wrote:Apart from distance, first understand the difference btw A-level and IB. Then yr choice is clearer.

off topic, both me and my husband never took A-levels before. Is there a characteristics/skills profile of the type of students suitable for the respective route? are students in IB able to gain entry into local Uni?
TQ.

Students with good IB scores hve no problem gaining places in local unis including winning top scholarships.

IB demands consistency as up to 30% is factored into internal assesment. Its a two-yr programme beginning frm yr 5. Community services and CIP are compulsory unlike A-level.

An IB student takes 3 HL subjects + 3 SL subjects plus TOK, extended essay, community services and CIP. Highest grade is 7 which is equivalent to A and six which is euivalent to B. These are the quality grades that matters. IB curriculum is broader but less indept as compare to A-level.

Those who are masters of one shot exam are more suited for A-level.

Edureach
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Zhuge » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:07 am

one school fees is $300/mth and the other $30/mth

Zhuge
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Edureach » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:09 am

Zhuge wrote:one school fees is $300/mth and the other $30/mth

$450 for IB year 5 and 6.

Edureach
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby zeemimi » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:11 am

Edureach wrote:

is there any scholarship / subsidies? heavy going for middle income who do not fit into those requiring financial assistance.
zeemimi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Edureach » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:13 am

zeemimi wrote:
Edureach wrote:

is there any scholarship / subsidies? heavy going for middle income who do not fit into those requiring financial assistance.

All IB schs are independent schs. Household income of not more than $7000 qualifies for subsidies.

Edureach
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby jedamum » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:32 am

Edureach wrote:
jedamum wrote:

TQ.

Students with good IB scores hve no problem gaining places in local unis including winning top scholarships.

IB demands consistency as up to 30% is factored into internal assesment. Its a two-yr programme beginning frm yr 5. Community services and CIP are compulsory unlike A-level.

An IB student takes 3 HL subjects + 3 SL subjects plus TOK, extended essay, community services and CIP. Highest grade is 7 which is equivalent to A and six which is euivalent to B. These are the quality grades that matters. IB curriculum is broader but less indept as compare to A-level.

Those who are masters of one shot exam are more suited for A-level.

Thanks Edureach. :)
gonna read up more these 2 years. :sweat:

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection