Victoria School or Catholic High School?

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

Victoria School or Catholic High School?

Postby CandyHeart » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:45 pm

My DS PSLE score is 257. We are torn between Victoria School and Catholic High School. Takes about 1 hour to get to either school. Any advice? Thanks.

CandyHeart
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Victoria School or Catholic High School?

Postby CandyHeart » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:34 pm

Which school to select as first choice?

CandyHeart
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby nymom » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:44 pm

CandyHeart wrote:My DS PSLE score is 257. We are torn between Victoria School and Catholic High School. Takes about 1 hour to get to either school. Any advice? Thanks.

Victoria is better choice. Victoria= VJC.
:dancing:

nymom
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby phankao » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:47 pm

nymom wrote:
CandyHeart wrote:My DS PSLE score is 257. We are torn between Victoria School and Catholic High School. Takes about 1 hour to get to either school. Any advice? Thanks.

Victoria is better choice. Victoria= VJC.
:dancing:

Don't you have any other school nearer to you?

Where do you stay that it takes 1hr to get to?

phankao
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MandyMummy » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:55 pm

I would choose VS because it's IP leading to VJC. :smile:

MandyMummy
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby phankao » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:14 pm

MandyMummy wrote:

I was thinking that for 257, can put HCI or NJC as 1st choice too. Safe to apply for IP school - RVH too.

But then, where is the location, I wonder. Why think about a school 1 hr journey away?

phankao
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MandyMummy » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:18 pm

phankao wrote:
MandyMummy wrote:

I was thinking that for 257, can put HCI or NJC as 1st choice too. Safe to apply for IP school - RVH too.

But then, where is the location, I wonder. Why think about a school 1 hr journey away?

OIC, if 257, can also consider ACSI, SJI, RVH if want IP schools.
257 for HCI a bit on the low side, but the child may have HCL score to contribute. :smile:

MandyMummy
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby CandyHeart » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:23 pm

We are living at Redhill area. To get to either school, it's bus, mrt, bus. Inspite of his score, IP may not be suitable as he is immature and still not be to study independently. Any parents have children in VS or CHS and what do you think of the school?

CandyHeart
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Edureach » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:41 pm

ManU123 wrote:
CandyHeart wrote:We are living at Redhill area. To get to either school, it's bus, mrt, bus. Inspite of his score, IP may not be suitable as he is immature and still not be to study independently. Any parents have children in VS or CHS and what do you think of the school?

The good thing about Victoria is that they allow the students to switch to O Level stream, and vice-versa.

Strictly speaking if u want an IP sch, yr nearest choices shld be ACSI follow by RVH.

IF u decide not to go IP, u can choose CHS if u are prepared to travel if not go for BPGHS.

Any of these schs are suitable and prepare yr ds well for pre-uni.

Edureach
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby phankao » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:45 pm

Edureach wrote:
ManU123 wrote:
CandyHeart wrote:We are living at Redhill area. To get to either school, it's bus, mrt, bus. Inspite of his score, IP may not be suitable as he is immature and still not be to study independently. Any parents have children in VS or CHS and what do you think of the school?

The good thing about Victoria is that they allow the students to switch to O Level stream, and vice-versa.

Strictly speaking if u want an IP sch, yr nearest choices shld be ACSI follow by RVH.

IF u decide not to go IP, u can choose CHS if u are prepared to travel if not go for BPGHS.

Any of these schs are suitable and prepare yr ds well for pre-uni.

Yes, if you stay at Redhill, I'd suggest ACSI too - no problem getting in.

phankao
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection