Anybody has these information for ACS(I) and SJI?

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

Anybody has these information for ACS(I) and SJI?

Postby Zhuge » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:37 pm

Anybody has these information for ACS(I) and SJI?

The COP for ACS(I) and SJI are 245 and 241 respectively for non-affiliated students.

1. What is the COP for affiliated students?
2. How many places are reserved for non-affiliated students?

Zhuge
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:24 pm
Total Likes: 2


Re: Anybody has these information for ACS(I) and SJI?

Postby MandyMummy » Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:39 pm

Zhuge wrote:Anybody has these information for ACS(I) and SJI?

The COP for ACS(I) and SJI are 245 and 241 respectively for non-affiliated students.

1. What is the COP for affiliated students?
2. How many places are reserved for non-affiliated students?


1. ACSI (express): 235 and SJI : 238 for 2010.

MandyMummy
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
 
Posts: 764
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:51 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Anybody has these information for ACS(I) and SJI?

Postby jedamum » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:48 pm

how does affiliation work? do applicants have to put in as first choice to enjoy affiliation?
eg if SJI affiliation cop is 238 and kidA gets 241 and put SchX as first choice and SJI as second, but could not get into SchX, does the kid still enjoy the 238 SJI-affiliation COP? if kidB gets 241 and put SJI as first choice does he has priority over the affiliation kid who put SJI as second choice?

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 8514
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:58 pm
Total Likes: 20


Re: Anybody has these information for ACS(I) and SJI?

Postby jtoh » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:53 pm

jedamum wrote:how does affiliation work? do applicants have to put in as first choice to enjoy affiliation?
eg if SJI affiliation cop is 238 and kidA gets 241 and put SchX as first choice and SJI as second, but could not get into SchX, does the kid still enjoy the 238 SJI-affiliation COP? if kidB gets 241 and put SJI as first choice does he has priority over the affiliation kid who put SJI as second choice?


Affiliation only works if the student puts his affiliated school as first choice. If he puts it as second choice, he's deemed to have given up the affiliation status. So if Kid A puts SJI as second choice, he will not enjoy the affiliation COP anymore. That also answers your second question.

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 10921
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:47 pm
Total Likes: 91


Re: Anybody has these information for ACS(I) and SJI?

Postby jedamum » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:58 pm

thank you jtoh!! :D

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 8514
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:58 pm
Total Likes: 20



Re: Anybody has these information for ACS(I) and SJI?

Postby porcupine4963 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:29 am

I am a current ACSI (IP) student in Year 3 (2011). The cut-off point in my year was:
257 (IP leading to the IBDP)
253 (Express)

Due to our former principal (Dr. Ong Teck Chin)'s departure, our school's cut-off point has lowered in 2010 (last year) to:
253 (IP leading to the IBDP)
245 (Express)

Mr. Winston James Hodge has replaced Dr. Ong Teck Chin as our new principal.
Internal sources dictate that the cut-off point this year for ACSI's IP programme will not be below 255, to maintain the prestige of the school and course. The expected cut-off point would be:
255/256 (IP leading to the IBDP)
249-251 (Express)

For ACS affiliates, the cut-off point for the express stream is and has always been 235. There is no direct advantage for ACS affiliates applying into ACSI (IP) through the PSLE posting exercise.

Students who were from the GEP in primary school, along with high performing mainstream students (probably the higher-scorers in the DSA tests, and those who had attained approximately 264 and above) would get into one of the SBGE classes. Such classes would allow students to:
1. Participate in special external and internal programs and courses meant for GEP pupils.
2. Study an advanced curriculum for certain subjects, which may involve learning extra topics. Assessed courseworks may also differ from the mainstream IP depending on the syllabus for the year. Tests and exams usually do not differ.
3. Attend a GEP camp, which allows participants to immerse themselves in various activities (for this year, we attended language and culture courses on various nations around the world.)

Hope this gives you a general idea of how the school functions with regards to admissions (:

porcupine4963
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:54 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: Anybody has these information for ACS(I) and SJI?

Postby clayman » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:41 pm

porcupine4963 wrote:Students who were from the GEP in primary school, along with high performing mainstream students (probably the higher-scorers in the DSA tests, and those who had attained approximately 264 and above) would get into one of the SBGE classes. Such classes would allow students to:
1. Participate in special external and internal programs and courses meant for GEP pupils.
2. Study an advanced curriculum for certain subjects, which may involve learning extra topics. Assessed courseworks may also differ from the mainstream IP depending on the syllabus for the year. Tests and exams usually do not differ.
3. Attend a GEP camp, which allows participants to immerse themselves in various activities (for this year, we attended language and culture courses on various nations around the world.)

Hope this gives you a general idea of how the school functions with regards to admissions (:


Hi Porcupine,

Thanks for the info. Based on what you have given, do I understand that the IP program is further divided into SBGE classes and IP mainstream classes?

clayman
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 142
Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:00 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Anybody has these information for ACS(I) and SJI?

Postby Zhuge » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:11 pm

2. How many places are reserved for non-affiliated students?

Anybody know the above, based on previous years?

Zhuge
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:24 pm
Total Likes: 2


Re: Anybody has these information for ACS(I) and SJI?

Postby parents828 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:48 pm

Hi, if doing "O" levels Express, is it better to go to ACS(I) or SJI? Any views or comments are appreciated. TIA.

parents828
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:23 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Anybody has these information for ACS(I) and SJI?

Postby Amberglades » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:08 pm

The COP for SJI (affiliated) has been raised to 240. This was communicated to the affiliated schools in 3Qtr this yr.

Amberglades
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:10 pm
Total Likes: 0


Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection