COP 219 - Schools in CCK/West

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

COP 219 - Schools in CCK/West

Postby infosages » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:50 am

My gal has a t-score of 219.

We are thinking of these schools:
1) Unity - 219
2) Chua Chu Kang Sec - 216
3) Woodlands Ring - 216
4) Yuan Ching - 216
5) Zhenghua - 211
6) Greenridge - 207

Not shooting for schools with higher COPs as Unity is just 10 mins walk from our house. Also, my gal has no good CCAs to offer if we want to appeal.

Any advice on these choices?

Also, any comments on Woodlands Ring and Yuan Ching as we did not have a chance to visit these schools?

infosages
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: COP 219 - Schools in CCK/West

Postby Bluecookie » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:49 am

Hi, here's my humble point of view:
I would recommend CCKSS and Unity Sec because the students there tend to perform better. However, this is based on my observation and understanding. Also, if you were to refer to the information booklet, CCKSS is a Band 7 school, while Unity Sec is Band 9. This means students from CCKSS score an average L1B5 of 16 points for O levels, while students in Unity Sec score an average of 18 points. The other schools that you've mentioned are not banded. While this is by no means the best indicator, it is helpful to give an idea of how the students in a school averagely fare academically.

Bluecookie
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby infosages » Sun Nov 27, 2011 1:00 pm

Thanks so much for sharing your views. For the same reasons, Unity and CCKSS are my first 2 choices. At least, I know I am on the right track :)

Can't find other "banded" schools with lower COP. Westwood at 211 may be a possibility but it's a tad far. Mm... maybe should consider.

With limited choices, my next best guess would be the COP.

I went to Zhenghua yesterday and the students looked happy and vibrant. Pretty thoughtful too as they came with umbrellas to usher us into the school compound in the rain. When we asked for road directions to the LRT, one student guided and crossed the road with us to show the way. It's these little touches that impress...

For Greenridge, a friend's daughter is studying there and she says it is okay.

That left with Woodlands Ring and Yuan Ching... like buying lottery tickets, lol! No clue how the schools are like, and hope there are parents here who can chip in with some feedback.

infosages
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby kiasu_mum75 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:54 pm

Yuan Ching Sec is quite a good school in the Jurong area... I know of students who have graduated and made good in local universities... other schools u may wish to consider include jurongville sec....or jurong sec....

kiasu_mum75
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection