Victoria IP

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

Re: Victoria IP

Postby joe0599 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:57 pm

I wonder is there any sharing of resources eg teachers, facilities between VS and VJC for student starting IP in 2012 till Y4. We cannot really replicate the environment or software/resources in VJC to VS since VS IP student will spend their first 4 years in VS. The success of VJC sec 2~4 students will not means the samething will happens to VS IP sec 1~4 student, right? Its definitely different studying in VJC and VS since both school dont share the same compound.

My DW is quite interested in VS IP as its nearer our house than HCI but I felt VS IP is not as established (new) as HCI and the only good thing is VJC.

Anyone have any information on the rough COP for VS IP through other means? (I understand there is no COP for VS IP being their first year)

joe0599
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby kiaaik » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:25 am

joe0599 wrote:I wonder is there any sharing of resources eg teachers, facilities between VS and VJC for student starting IP in 2012 till Y4. We cannot really replicate the environment or software/resources in VJC to VS since VS IP student will spend their first 4 years in VS. The success of VJC sec 2~4 students will not means the samething will happens to VS IP sec 1~4 student, right? Its definitely different studying in VJC and VS since both school dont share the same compound.

My DW is quite interested in VS IP as its nearer our house than HCI but I felt VS IP is not as established (new) as HCI and the only good thing is VJC.

Anyone have any information on the rough COP for VS IP through other means? (I understand there is no COP for VS IP being their first year)

the VS teachers have been trained by VJC for this
moreover, it is not a VS IP but a VS-VJC IP together with Cedar too..
there is a possibility that VS and VJC might merge in the near future
the newly appointed VS principal was vice-princiapl of RI
MOE probably wanted to tap his expertise of RI IP

kiaaik
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Pebbleslim » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:52 am

Hi Kiaaik,

I thought Mr Andrew Lim was VP of VS? Which year was he a VP of RI??

Pebbleslim
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby rylee » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:15 am

Pebbleslim wrote:Hi Kiaaik,

I thought Mr Andrew Lim was VP of VS? Which year was he a VP of RI??

Hi, found this info from the schoolsport website that show Andrew lim was RI VP.

http://www.schoolsports.sg/edirectory/detail/S/RI

Raffles Institution LAST UPDATED ON 10-Jan-2011
School Abbr/Zone RI/South
School Address 1 Raffles Institution Lane S(575954)
School Website http://www.ri.edu.sg
School Generic Email raffles_inst@moe.edu.sg
General Office 63538830 Ext
Staff Room 63549110 Ext
Fax 63538357
Designation. Name. Telephone Ext

Headmaster Mrs Lim Lai Cheng 63549100 100
Vice Principal Mr Sinathurai Magendiran 63549101 101
Vice Principal Mrs Tan Siok Mui 63549102 102
Vice Principal Mr Lim Boon Kong Andrew 63549103 103

rylee
BlueBelt