DSA Appeal 2011

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

DSA Appeal 2011

Postby greentree » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:44 pm

We are group of parents who had accepted DSA offer earlier,
and trying to transfer to other schools.

We are currently appealing to MOE.

Any other parents in our similar situation.
Please share your experience. Hope to get more feedback.

greentree
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: DSA Appeal 2011

Postby kovich33 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:24 am

i am new to this website and not sure whether my post will work but will try. I have dropped your a separate email and would like to join in. How many parents you know in this predicament? thank you.

kovich33
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Rich dad poor dad » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:29 am

Did you anyone of you opted out from Cedar DSA?

Rich dad poor dad
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Alchemist » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:32 am

Rich dad poor dad wrote:Did you anyone of you opted out from Cedar DSA?

Hi Rich Dad Poor Dad - You must be in a similar situation like me - waiting for some one to opt out of the DSA. :lol:

Alchemist
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby kovich33 » Fri Dec 23, 2011 1:34 pm

Alchemist wrote:
Rich dad poor dad wrote:Did you anyone of you opted out from Cedar DSA?

Hi Rich Dad Poor Dad - You must be in a similar situation like me - waiting for some one to opt out of the DSA. :lol:

Hi, how to opt out of the DSA? Like that no school! Isn't it worse?

kovich33
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby zeemimi » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:28 pm

kovich33 wrote:Hi, how to opt out of the DSA? Like that no school! Isn't it worse?

of coz must have another sch accept you then can opt out of DSA sch. But it remains to be seen whether there are schools who will accept students who have accepted CO. If there is, there will be many protests to come. All parents know the rules of DSA before they embarked on the DSA journey.

So in a way, this DSA Appeal 2011 thread is "not really" wise to start.

:siam:
zeemimi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Rich dad poor dad » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:05 pm

Frankly...if they don't want to be in that posted school..by all mean move out...this create a chance for those that want and really apprciate the chance to get it.....so it really no right or wrong..is all about preception....P.S: I'm not one of the parent that wanted to transfer out from DSA...just a comment...

Rich dad poor dad
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby carebear » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:15 pm

Rich dad poor dad wrote:Frankly...if they don't want to be in that posted school..by all mean move out...this create a chance for those that want and really apprciate the chance to get it.....so it really no right or wrong..is all about preception....P.S: I'm not one of the parent that wanted to transfer out from DSA...just a comment...

I agree with you on this point.
However there are some who DSA so that they will be guaranteed of a good school in case they did not do well in their PSLE and this causes lots of work for the authorities involved when they later decide to transfer out.

So maybe should not even have DSA at all.

carebear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby zeemimi » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:17 pm

But it is not fair for another DSA student in a similar position and chose to follow the rules and stay put in his DSA sch.

Why have DSA in the first place if you are not going to honour your CO? Parents have a choice whether to accept the CO or not. The act of securing a place as a back up plan "just in case the child doesn't do well" and then abandoning the CO at the earliest opportunity is not desirable.
Last edited by zeemimi on Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zeemimi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby zeemimi » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:23 pm

Rich dad poor dad wrote:Frankly...if they don't want to be in that posted school..by all mean move out...this create a chance for those that want and really apprciate the chance to get it.....so it really no right or wrong..is all about preception....P.S: I'm not one of the parent that wanted to transfer out from DSA...just a comment...

These are NOT "posted" to the school. They were given a choice to exercise their option of whether to accept the CO or not. That is the difference. This thread is not talking about getting out of the school the child was posted to via S1
zeemimi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection