Any website for O'Level results comparison by school?

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

Any website for O'Level results comparison by school?

Postby SillyNovia » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:19 pm

I am comparing Fuhua, Gan Eng Seng and Geylang Methodist SS. Is there any sites that compare the O'Level results for the schools? Their individual school websites publishes results differently so it is hard to compare apple to apple. Is there a similar COP system for secondary schools' performance in terms of avg O'level scores?

SillyNovia
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:11 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Any website for O'Level results comparison by school?

Postby rylee » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:27 pm

SillyNovia wrote:I am comparing Fuhua, Gan Eng Seng and Geylang Methodist SS. Is there any sites that compare the O'Level results for the schools? Their individual school websites publishes results differently so it is hard to compare apple to apple. Is there a similar COP system for secondary schools' performance in terms of avg O'level scores?


Hi,

For secondary school results comparison, we usually look at the banding rating of the school. Please refer to the moe website for details http://www.moe.gov.sg/media/press/files ... nex-f1.pdf

Schools not listed are schools with too little candidates, more than band 9 or schools that do not conduct 'O' level for instance the IP schools.

Regards.

rylee
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:11 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Any website for O'Level results comparison by school?

Postby SillyNovia » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:13 pm

I cannot open the pdf file....

SillyNovia
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:11 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Any website for O'Level results comparison by school?

Postby SillyNovia » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:33 pm

I got the file now. Is the list complete?
How come Geylang Methodist SS is not inside and i dun think it has too little candidate.... Anyone can advise me what is GMSS banding?

Is the average L1B5 a good benchmark?

SillyNovia
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:11 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Any website for O'Level results comparison by school?

Postby rylee » Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:10 am

SillyNovia wrote:I got the file now. Is the list complete?
How come Geylang Methodist SS is not inside and i dun think it has too little candidate.... Anyone can advise me what is GMSS banding?

Is the average L1B5 a good benchmark?


Hi, think Geylang Methodist is more than band 9 as they are not listed in the 2011 MOE achievement table. U may refer to the Geylang Methodist school website for the previous 2010 'O' level results. Their L1B5 for 2010 was 20.0. To qualify for band 9 or better, L1B5 must be 18 or lower.

http://www.geylangmethodistsec.moe.edu. ... ml#o_level

Yes, L1B5 is the primary gauge for good school. Others like value added and cca performances are secondary considerations. IMHO.

Regards.

rylee
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:11 pm
Total Likes: 0



Re: Any website for O'Level results comparison by school?

Postby Rich dad poor dad » Fri Jan 06, 2012 3:14 pm

How come Nan Chiau High is listed as Band 2 while they keep promoting that they are band 1 school after 2011?

Rich dad poor dad
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 121
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:48 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Any website for O'Level results comparison by school?

Postby 24hr-mum » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:36 pm

How is kuo chuan sec?

24hr-mum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2195
Joined: Mon May 11, 2009 6:49 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Any website for O'Level results comparison by school?

Postby bebe » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:52 am

24hr-mum wrote:How is kuo chuan sec?


I am keen to know too. How does Kuo Chuan fare in comparison with Presbyterian High in AMK?

bebe
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 539
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:43 pm
Total Likes: 1


Re: Any website for O'Level results comparison by school?

Postby Chip n Dale » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:36 am

bebe wrote:
24hr-mum wrote:How is kuo chuan sec?


I am keen to know too. How does Kuo Chuan fare in comparison with Presbyterian High in AMK?


Kuo Chuan and GMSS are out of Band 9.
PH and Gan Eng Seng Sec is Band 6-7 accord'g to latest Banding year 2014.
I have updated Banding of some Secondary Schools for this year 2014.
Do let me know which Secondary Schools you are keen to know.
Can share with parents.

Chip n Dale
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 137
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:29 am
Total Likes: 1


Re: Any website for O'Level results comparison by school?

Postby bebe » Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:40 am

Chip n Dale wrote:Kuo Chuan and GMSS are out of Band 9.
PH and Gan Eng Seng Sec is Band 6-7 accord'g to latest Banding year 2014.
I have updated Banding of some Secondary Schools for this year 2014.
Do let me know which Secondary Schools you are keen to know.
Can share with parents.


I am keen to know, thanks!

bebe
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 539
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:43 pm
Total Likes: 1


Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection