RVHS vs SCGS vs Cedar Girls

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

RVHS
25%
SCGS
34%
Cedar Girls
41%

Total votes : 73

Postby Dione » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:08 pm

Dear all,
I am a girl having PSLE this yr, seeking for your opinions about these schs: RVHS vs SCGS vs Cedar Girls. I am fretting about which sch to apply for DSA. So, parents, please give your feedbacks and/or recommend which sch should I go!
Regards, Dione

Dione
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: RVHS vs SCGS vs Cedar Girls

Postby bluecosmos » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:00 am

Hi,

All of them are good, of course. If it's hard to choose, remember that SCGS is a full school, and if you have a younger daughter or your daughter has a daughter in future, they can all go to SCGS from primary division!

bluecosmos
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Belle2011 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:05 am

Dione wrote:Dear all,
I am a girl having PSLE this yr, seeking for your opinions about these schs: RVHS vs SCGS vs Cedar Girls. I am fretting about which sch to apply for DSA. So, parents, please give your feedbacks and/or recommend which sch should I go!
Regards, Dione

I think you have to consider "where do you live" too.

Belle2011
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Pen88n » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:37 am

Why not consider St Nick too??? That is a good sch for gals too!

Pen88n
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Dione » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:52 pm

Belle2011 wrote:
Dione wrote:Dear all,
Regards, Dione

I think you have to consider "where do you live" too.

I live in the South-West, so SCGS and RVHS are nearer, but I still want to consider Cedar because it has a "new" IP that goes to VJC, which is a good school. Whereas "SCGS" IP will go to a newly-formed JC, which details are not yet given. Since my cohort is the first, I do not want to be the "guinea pig"

Dione
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Dione » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:57 pm

Pen88n wrote:Why not consider St Nick too??? That is a good sch for gals too!

Oh, CHIJ St'Nicholas? Do the students there have to go to the church and study bible? Thank you for the suggestion and I will bear that in mind... I heard that St Nick will be joining CHS and SCGS for IP to a new JC...

Dione
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Dione » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:01 pm

bluecosmos wrote:Hi,

All of them are good, of course. If it's hard to choose, remember that SCGS is a full school, and if you have a younger daughter or your daughter has a daughter in future, they can all go to SCGS from primary division!

Hahaha :rahrah:
Anyway, do you have anything that you know about SCGS that are worth sharing? Like, maybe, how the students there are, and, is it stressful there.
:thankyou:

Dione
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby zeemimi » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:43 pm

it depends. you have to consider the school culture also. do you like a more chinese environment? Or a more diversified environment with students of all races and coming fr different background. do you want a co-ed or all girls' sch. the travelling time x 6 years.
zeemimi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Dione » Thu Jan 26, 2012 5:45 pm

zeemimi wrote:it depends. you have to consider the school culture also. do you like a more chinese environment? Or a more diversified environment with students of all races and coming fr different background. do you want a co-ed or all girls' sch. the travelling time x 6 years.

I'd prefer a more chinese environment, so I think SCGS will be a better choice because it is also a full sch. Thank you for your advice, they really helped me alot! :thankyou:

Dione
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby zeemimi » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:06 pm

Dione wrote:I'd prefer a more chinese environment, so I think SCGS will be a better choice because it is also a full sch. Thank you for your advice, they really helped me alot! :thankyou:

RV will be the most chinese of the 3. In fact, scgs is more english than her name sounds. As for being a full school, I wonder how relevant that will be 20 years down the road. P1 registration policies may change in years to come.
zeemimi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection