SST vs NUSH

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

SST vs NUSH

Postby kamom » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:00 pm

Can someone enlighten me. What's the difference between these two schools. From what I have read, seems like both schools' emphasis are on Math and Science

:scratchhead:

kamom
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: SST vs NUSH

Postby verykiasu2010 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:00 am

kamom wrote:Can someone enlighten me. What's the difference between these two schools. From what I have read, seems like both schools' emphasis are on Math and Science

:scratchhead:

there was some where around a thread discussing on SST.

vast difference between them

one leads to uni while the other leads to poly, if not wrong

http://www.sst.edu.sg/about-sst/7-sster ... -join-sst/

3. Rev up with our Power Packed Partnership with NTU and NP

Singapore’s premier tertiary institutions, Nanyang Technological University (NTU) and Ngee Ann Polytechnic (NP), are lending their expertise in curriculum development, facilities design and enrichment programmes to develop SST into a top-notch specialized independent school. Besides enjoying access to state-of-the- art facilities, students will also benefit from research and mentorship opportunities with NTU professors and NP lecturers, which enhance their thinking and research skills.

=============

I think, what is implied here is : SST (O level)---->NP---->NTU
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: SST vs NUSH

Postby kaka » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:08 am

Students in SST take 'O' level like mainstream school, can proceed to to uni through poly or JC, like the rest. The school aims to prepare students for uni eventually.

NUSH students will graduate with a NUSH diploma then proceed to uni.

Curriculum focus is different. Best to read more from their web sites.

kaka
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection