Higher MT for IP Sch

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

Higher MT for IP Sch

Postby Awonder » Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:04 am

Hi, want to know whether is a must to take up higher MT as a subject in primary school if intend to opt for IP school?

Awonder
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Higher MT for IP Sch

Postby emoh » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:52 pm

Awonder wrote:Hi, want to know whether is a must to take up higher MT as a subject in primary school if intend to opt for IP school?

Not that I know of.

emoh
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby jonesy » Mon May 28, 2012 5:10 pm

What if the student has exemption from MT? Will he/she be qualified for IP?

jonesy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby Just2Random » Tue May 29, 2012 3:40 pm

I don't think so.

Just2Random
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby slmkhoo » Tue May 29, 2012 4:52 pm

jonesy wrote:What if the student has exemption from MT? Will he/she be qualified for IP?

My daughter has lived overseas most of her Pr school years so she was exempted from MT. She still got a T-score from the 3 PSLE papers she took but I don't know how they arrive at it. With that score, the rest of the posting is exactly the same as any other student and she got into an IP school.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby emoh » Tue May 29, 2012 7:17 pm

slmkhoo wrote:
jonesy wrote:What if the student has exemption from MT? Will he/she be qualified for IP?

My daughter has lived overseas most of her Pr school years so she was exempted from MT. She still got a T-score from the 3 PSLE papers she took but I don't know how they arrive at it. With that score, the rest of the posting is exactly the same as any other student and she got into an IP school.

Yes I think not an issue to qualify for IP if the student has exemption from MT. It depends on the T-score.

emoh
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby jonesy » Wed May 30, 2012 4:01 pm

emoh wrote:
slmkhoo wrote:

Yes I think not an issue to qualify for IP if the student has exemption from MT. It depends on the T-score.

Need to clarify -- she got into an IP school (or school offering IP) or the IP (Integrated Programme) class itself? Is acceptance in IP solely (or mainly) through DSA or also through T-score?

jonesy
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby emoh » Wed May 30, 2012 6:03 pm

jonesy wrote:
emoh wrote:
slmkhoo wrote:My daughter has lived overseas most of her Pr school years so she was exempted from MT. She still got a T-score from the 3 PSLE papers she took but I don't know how they arrive at it. With that score, the rest of the posting is exactly the same as any other student and she got into an IP school.

Need to clarify -- she got into an IP school (or school offering IP) or the IP (Integrated Programme) class itself? Is acceptance in IP solely (or mainly) through DSA or also through T-score?

I think both is acceptable. Meaning the student can get into IP school and/or IP class by both DSA or also through T-score too.

emoh
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby mistral77 » Wed May 30, 2012 9:30 pm

If one enter a SAP school, he must take the Higher Mother Tongue subject, am I right?

mistral77
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby verykiasu2010 » Wed May 30, 2012 10:13 pm

mistral77 wrote:If one enter a SAP school, he must take the Higher Mother Tongue subject, am I right?

higher mother tongue is available in both SAP and non-SAP schools

eg, RI and RGS are non-SAP

IP schools will always encourage them to take HMT because they will sit for the O level HMT at year 4 and if they pass it, they forever don't need to touch MT/HMT in the educational life anymore - forever
verykiasu2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection