Information Booklet - "Choosing Your Secondary Schools

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

Information Booklet - "Choosing Your Secondary Schools

Postby nani » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:25 pm

Has this booklet been given out ?

nani
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 255
Joined: Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:49 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Information Booklet - "Choosing Your Secondary Schools

Postby mummy so kiasu » Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:38 pm

nani wrote:Has this booklet been given out ?


No, not yet. Suppose to be given out by this month.

mummy so kiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1886
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:00 am
Total Likes: 4


Re: Information Booklet - "Choosing Your Secondary Schools

Postby august24 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:00 pm

Ds sch gave out notice informing parents that they will be distributing it in Oct.

august24
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 98
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 5:16 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Information Booklet - "Choosing Your Secondary Schools

Postby mummy so kiasu » Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:25 pm

august24 wrote:Ds sch gave out notice informing parents that they will be distributing it in Oct.


So late? Only given out after the PSLE?

mummy so kiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1886
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:00 am
Total Likes: 4


Re: Information Booklet - "Choosing Your Secondary Schools

Postby Crester » Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:59 am

mummy so kiasu wrote:
august24 wrote:Ds sch gave out notice informing parents that they will be distributing it in Oct.


So late? Only given out after the PSLE?


Yes, this yr later than usual as MOE has just scrapped the Sec Schools BANDING.
Parents will expect a fresh coverage from the booklet, I guess. Parents can't view the BANDING of each schools anymore.

Crester
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 499
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:37 am
Total Likes: 2



Re: Information Booklet - "Choosing Your Secondary Schools

Postby mummy so kiasu » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:39 am

Crester wrote:
mummy so kiasu wrote:
august24 wrote:Ds sch gave out notice informing parents that they will be distributing it in Oct.


So late? Only given out after the PSLE?


Yes, this yr later than usual as MOE has just scrapped the Sec Schools BANDING.
Parents will expect a fresh coverage from the booklet, I guess. Parents can't view the BANDING of each schools anymore.


It is not necessary to scrap off the sec school banding. This information will help parents to choose the right schools for their kids. HSK told people that every school is a good school but why there are still IP, SAP or GEP? Why we can't find ministers' kids in neighbourhood schools? Whether with or without banding, everyone knows which are the top or elite schools, such as RI, RGS, HCI & NYG. Banding only help us to differentiate the better neighbourhood schools from the so so ones.

mummy so kiasu
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1886
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:00 am
Total Likes: 4



Return to Secondary Schools - Selection