What are sec 1 break ice activities about?

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

What are sec 1 break ice activities about?

Postby QueenOfGreenBean » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:29 pm

My family is going away from Singapore in the holidays and we will return around new year.My daughter is in Primary 6 this year,so that means she won't be able to report to her new secondary school on 20 December.And it seems that there is always ice breaking activities held at the school.So what I mean to ask is : Are they very important and is attendance mandatory/very much recommended? :scratchhead: I'm not sure if I have to change my travel schedule because of this :xedfingers: so do post your experiences if your kids took part before! :smile:

QueenOfGreenBean
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: What are sec 1 break ice activities about?

Postby slmkhoo » Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:08 am

QueenOfGreenBean wrote:My family is going away from Singapore in the holidays and we will return around new year.My daughter is in Primary 6 this year,so that means she won't be able to report to her new secondary school on 20 December.And it seems that there is always ice breaking activities held at the school.So what I mean to ask is : Are they very important and is attendance mandatory/very much recommended? :scratchhead: I'm not sure if I have to change my travel schedule because of this :xedfingers: so do post your experiences if your kids took part before! :smile:

My daughter didn't attend as we were away so I can't say how important the activities are. The important thing is that you should appoint a proxy to register at the school on that day, otherwise they may assume that you don't want the place.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby QueenOfGreenBean » Sat Oct 27, 2012 3:08 pm

slmkhoo wrote:
QueenOfGreenBean wrote:My family is going away from Singapore in the holidays and we will return around new year.My daughter is in Primary 6 this year,so that means she won't be able to report to her new secondary school on 20 December.And it seems that there is always ice breaking activities held at the school.So what I mean to ask is : Are they very important and is attendance mandatory/very much recommended? :scratchhead: I'm not sure if I have to change my travel schedule because of this :xedfingers: so do post your experiences if your kids took part before! :smile:

My daughter didn't attend as we were away so I can't say how important the activities are. The important thing is that you should appoint a proxy to register at the school on that day, otherwise they may assume that you don't want the place.

Thanks for your advice.I think I will just do that. :smile:

QueenOfGreenBean
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby slmkhoo » Sat Oct 27, 2012 5:34 pm

QueenOfGreenBean wrote:
slmkhoo wrote:

Thanks for your advice.I think I will just do that. :smile:

Proxy form is available in the sec school selection book (green last year, grey this year?) or on the MOE website. And you should ask your proxy to collect the booklist and any other info as well.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection