Secondary Schools Information in West Area

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.
jas3angels
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Secondary Schools Information in West Area

Post by jas3angels » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:02 am

my dd got 177 and we are staying at bukit batok...submitted choice of schools below....

1) Commonwealth Sec School (Reason: went to the open house, she liked the sch very much, alot plants. pond and very greenary. Spoken to one NA student, number of students eligible for foundation poly after N level quite alot.)
2) Fuhua Sec School
3-6) Chua Chu Kang Sec/Bukit Batok Sec/Hillgrove Sec/Teck Whye Sec

hopefully she can get into her 1st choice after crying very hard for her result. she was expecting at least 20X.

caroline3sg
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Post by caroline3sg » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:06 am

Jas3angels
I considered commonwealth too but too far.

I have read that fuhua was very strict with colour of undergarments. Also start giving O levels standard papers to lower sec

jas3angels
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Post by jas3angels » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:18 am

Hi caroline3sg,

There is a direct bus from Bukit Batok to Commonwealth Sec and is nearer to my mum's house, she can go grandma's house after school for lunch and dinner. ^^

Fuhua Sec uniform are all white, can understand lah.

Have you submitted choice of schools?

caroline3sg
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Post by caroline3sg » Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:43 am

jas3angels
No one has advised why NA COP has dropped so much as double digit. I am scratching head at the same time hesitating. By the way, I have already submitted yesterday.

WestSpring: -12
Commonwealth: -15
Bukit Batok: -15
Clementi Town: -18
Unity: -10

Clementi Town has good programmes. I am not sure if they concentrate their resources on Express because the COP between Express & NA is great. Commonwealth & Kranji too. This is an area of concern for me because if our children do well at any time, they can be promoted to Express. But can they meet the standard of Express? So I put Kranji 3rd as it is within walking distance and Clementi Town 6.

Others have smaller difference between Express & NA. They are Hua Yi, West spring. I put Westspring 4.

cyt kpopfan
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by cyt kpopfan » Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:58 pm

kklau wrote:Hi all,

Would be very much appreciates that anyone can share some good information on following secondary schools in west area (example: personal experiences or relative/ friend’s recommendations, etc.):

1. Commonwealth Secondary School
2. Swiss Cottage Secondary School
3. Kranji Secondary School
4. Fuhua Secondary School
5. Bukit Batok Secondary School
6. West Spring Secondary School
7. Unity Secondary School
8. Chua Chu Kang Secondary School
9. Zhenghua Secondary School
10. Greenridge Secondary School

Thanks in advance. :salute:
HI im an alumni from swiss cottage sec. Im sec 4 in 2014 and I would say swiss is the best sch I ever got into and I will never regret joining here. The teachers are so nice and caring and its easy to make friends! Although im not satisfied with the facilities I still think its tge people there that is top priority rather than the facilities. Igot 243 for psle but did not make it to Crescent which was my first choice so since swiss was near my house i was posted there. These 4 years passed fast.. bur u should consider swiss in ur choices if u got the score :)

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:31

Post by jedamum » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:29 am

Saw this some days back. For those knowing more about Bukit View Sec, they having a Carnival on 6 June.
https://m.facebook.com/events/162178645 ... 7D&aref=98

Bukit panjang govt high Carnival on 25 July

www.bpghs.moe.edu.sg/cos/o.x?c=/wbn/pag ... id=1250760

Giggler1
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:6

Post by Giggler1 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:25 am

Hi, which are the schools which offer NA course in west area?

Valval
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by Valval » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:46 am

My child scored an aggregate of 221, what is my chances of appealing to Fuhua Sec? Can anyone share their experience. TIA

WorryMe
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by WorryMe » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:15 pm

Hi,
Need some advice between Hiilgrove Sec and New Town Sec, which one is better as my child prefer to take guzheng as a cca?

karu
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Good Secondary School in the West.

Post by karu » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:18 am

Didn't see any threads on ACS (I). Any inputs on their IP & O level path?