Tanglin or Kent Ridge Secondary

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

Tanglin or Kent Ridge Secondary

Postby super_kiasu_dad » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:22 pm

Hi experience mum and dads,

my son T-score is 200 and I'm thinking of above 2 school which my son also like them. I more favored to Tanglin but I'm don't know anything about the school. I would like to know about the school's mean L1B5, CCAs, and those good and bad things. Please share if you have any info or experience about there 2 schools.

Thanking you in advance for your valuable inputs.

SKD

super_kiasu_dad
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Tanglin or Kent Ridge Secondary

Postby bupashu » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:24 am

super_kiasu_dad wrote:Hi experience mum and dads,

my son T-score is 200 and I'm thinking of above 2 school which my son also like them. I more favored to Tanglin but I'm don't know anything about the school. I would like to know about the school's mean L1B5, CCAs, and those good and bad things. Please share if you have any info or experience about there 2 schools.

SKD

you are asking people to name the lesser evil .... *LOL*

Tanglin has a longer history than KR. I used to hear KR has gang problems....hopefully no more

if i were you, I will choose FMSS normal acad, then work hard in yr 1 to top the normal stream to get upgraded to sec 2 express
bupashu
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby stingray » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:11 pm

bupashu wrote:

SKD

Tanglin has a longer history than KR. I used to hear KR has gang problems....hopefully no more

if i were you, I will choose FMSS normal acad, then work hard in yr 1 to top the normal stream to get upgraded to sec 2 express

Do you mean Fairfield Methodist Secondary School? I had the same idea as you, but ds is posted to express , how to apply for normal acad? And I heard normal acad in Fairfield is for their Fairfield Primary pupils, is that right?

stingray
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby super_kiasu_dad » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:15 pm

bupashu wrote:

SKD

Thanks bupashu for your advice. To choose FMSS (NA), I have a question whether can apply for NA if there is "EXPRESS" stated in the result slip?

super_kiasu_dad
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby bupashu » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:38 pm

friend's kid chose normal acad in FMSS but not from FMPS and the kid qualified for express
bupashu
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby struggling » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:44 pm

I went to both Kent Ridge and Tanglin yesterday, and Fairfield today with my 3 kids. Both my DS who were in P6 this year came back and said they now like Kent Ridge the best!

they were very impressed with the teacher who gave the impromptu briefing, and the school staff who were welcoming and helpful, despite us turning up without any appointment, etc.

For some reason which they can't explain, both boys didnt like Fairfield....

Anyone else with opinions?

struggling
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection