For the cutoff 224 what factors to consider to select school

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

For the cutoff 224 what factors to consider to select school

Postby bmval » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:14 pm

Hi
My daughter scored 224. Having difficulty in selection of secondary school. Our preference is Temasek or Dun Man but the cut off is 230.
Looking for ideas on what factors to be considered in selecting the school. Should we consider Normal academy in Temasek or dunman secondary. Currently living in Bedok and moving to sengkang in 2 years.We are planning to put Temasek and Dunman in first two choices.Near by school of my cut off does not have tamil language.Share your ideas.Thanks

bmval
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: For the cutoff 224 what factors to consider to select sc

Postby Bonnie » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:35 pm

From my understanding, if u choose schools with COP higher than your daughter's, chances are very low

Bonnie
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Hollyking » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:41 pm

Bonnie wrote:From my understanding, if u choose schools with COP higher than your daughter's, chances are very low

Definitely will not get the schools. Do not use your first two choices. Explore schools in Punggol or Seng Kang instead.

Hollyking
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby bmval » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:48 pm

Hollyking wrote:
Bonnie wrote:From my understanding, if u choose schools with COP higher than your daughter's, chances are very low

Definitely will not get the schools. Do not use your first two choices. Explore schools in Punggol or Seng Kang instead.

Almost decided with this list in order.
Dunman Secondary School229 - planning to appeal
Temasek Secondary School - my dd liked the school very much. 2nd choice is becoz it does not hv hmt
Bowen Secondary School-223 just close to my dd cutoff 224. Tried traveling n reasonable. Received good comments from friends
CHIJ ST Joseph Convent227. Heard good feedback about school.
Hai Sing Catholic School225 no language n planning to take hmt outside
Geylang Methodist Secondary217
Expert comments / advice pls.

bmval
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby bmval » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:53 pm

We have been aiming for schools with higher mother tongue(Tamil). Are we eligible for it or how?

bmval
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection