Chung Cheng Main vs Tanjong Katong Sec

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

Chung Cheng Main vs Tanjong Katong Sec

Postby studentneduts » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:07 pm

Hello all,I am 12 and I am looking for schools to put in my choice list of secondary schools.I am considering Chung Cheng Main and Tanjong Katong.

I know that Chung Cheng Main has a higher cut off than TJ but I heard that TJ is better than Chung Cheng in certain subjects and the students there enjoy their life there.I also heard that the student-teacher relationship is very strong in tj.Please help me,thanks :?:

studentneduts
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Chung Cheng Main vs Tanjong Katong Sec

Postby Dreamgear » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:13 pm

studentneduts wrote:Hello all,I am 12 and I am looking for schools to put in my choice list of secondary schools.I am considering Chung Cheng Main and Tanjong Katong.

I know that Chung Cheng Main has a higher cut off than TJ but I heard that TJ is better than Chung Cheng in certain subjects and the students there enjoy their life there.I also heard that the student-teacher relationship is very strong in tj.Please help me,thanks :?:

I would prefer chung cheng. Its a sap school with a beautiful campus, and doing very well at o level.

Dreamgear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Hollyking » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:32 pm

Dreamgear wrote:
studentneduts wrote:Hello all,I am 12 and I am looking for schools to put in my choice list of secondary schools.I am considering Chung Cheng Main and Tanjong Katong.

I would prefer chung cheng. Its a sap school with a beautiful campus, and doing very well at o level.

Do you know how small and old the TKS school is. Chung cheung renovated. TKS has been there since 1990s and still not renovated!

Hollyking
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby krz » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:41 pm

It's def Chung cheng!!

krz
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby kwcllf » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:10 pm

Hollyking wrote:
Dreamgear wrote:

Do you know how small and old the TKS school is. Chung cheung renovated. TKS has been there since 1990s and still not renovated!

Personally I think it boils down to how comfortable you are with the programs. CCH is a SAP school and some students may not fit into the Chinese focus approach ALso, all students must take higher Chinese in Sec 1 and 2.

kwcllf
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby zanncinn » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:18 am

Heard from my friend CCH has a lot of BGR problem and they have gang.
Is it true?

zanncinn
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby wintermelon » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:17 pm

Hey there, I'm an ex-TKsian. The school life there is extremely fun and enjoyable, to the point that I actually loved coming to school!(still have many, many good memories of my time there). All the students are close to each other (probably because of our small cohort size). The teachers are very friendly (more like friends to be honest, just don't make them mad :P) and will take time off their personal schedules if they see the need to. Hope that gives you some insight :)

wintermelon
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby arielgetz » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:23 pm

For me, its definitely my alma mater, chung cheng! Love that place and has lots of beautiful memories. I remember caring teachers and a strong sense of solidarity among teachers and students. Having said that, frankly, I do not know if it is still this way now.

arielgetz
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection