Qualifying for HMT from results slip

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

Qualifying for HMT from results slip

Postby xvirusga » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:27 am

Hi parents,

How do you know if your DD / DS qualifies for HMT in secondary school from their results slip? My DS has only a pass in HMT and an A for Chinese .. Am worried he is now not eligible for application next year. His t score of 237 worries me if he is eligible to use the +1 for application to Maris Stella High.

Wonder if their Chinese grades are good as compared to Nan Chiau High. We are staying in AMK.

Worried mummy
:scared:

xvirusga
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Qualifying for HMT from results slip

Postby rosicky » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:00 am

The S1 slip should indicate if he is eligible for HMT. DS is 236+1, not eligible for HMT. However, he should still be able to go for a SAP school if I am not wrong.

237 is very safe for Maris, as the COP is around 231-232.

rosicky
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby xvirusga » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:26 pm

thanks for answering my concerns. :)

does it mean that the bonus points should be indicated on the results slip as well.?

wonder if we can appeal to take up HMT next year.

xvirusga
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby kwcllf » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:33 pm

rosicky wrote:The S1 slip should indicate if he is eligible for HMT. DS is 236+1, not eligible for HMT. However, he should still be able to go for a SAP school if I am not wrong.

If SAP school only offer HMT and if indicated that the child not eligible for HMT in S1 result slip, can still choose SAP schools? :?

kwcllf
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby xvirusga » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:08 pm

kwcllf wrote:
rosicky wrote:The S1 slip should indicate if he is eligible for HMT. DS is 236+1, not eligible for HMT. However, he should still be able to go for a SAP school if I am not wrong.

If SAP school only offer HMT and if indicated that the child not eligible for HMT in S1 result slip, can still choose SAP schools? :?

i was told that if not accepted , the S1 system will prompt error "when applying for SAP" school of your choice.

we have just applied, and did not get any error message tho.

xvirusga
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby kwcllf » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:19 pm

xvirusga wrote:
kwcllf wrote:

i was told that if not accepted , the S1 system will prompt error "when applying for SAP" school of your choice.

we have just applied, and did not get any error message tho.

Just wondering.

Will the system when sorting out posting, will "throw out" those that apply SAP schools but do not qualify? Then the system just go down to the next choice?

kwcllf
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection