school bag for secondary one

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

school bag for secondary one

Postby Musicstar » Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:27 am

Hi,

Please advise what type of bag to buy for secondary one. I am looking to buy it for my DD. I ask her but no idea. Please help to give suggestion. tks

Musicstar
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: school bag for secondary one

Postby Coolkidsrock2 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:09 am

I too welcome suggestions on the same. Was thinking of Smiggles but worried that she will be teased for being childish. Her schoolbag was stolen from school previously. We are now cautious about the belongings that we bring to school to ensure that it blends with everyone.

On a separate note, do the kids of today bring iphone to school? She was using my old phone (which can no longer power up) for school so need to understand what will be appropriate going forward.

Thanks for advice.

Coolkidsrock2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby janet88 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:51 am

Coolkidsrock2 wrote:I too welcome suggestions on the same. Was thinking of Smiggles but worried that she will be teased for being childish. Her schoolbag was stolen from school previously. We are now cautious about the belongings that we bring to school to ensure that it blends with everyone.

On a separate note, do the kids of today bring iphone to school? She was using my old phone (which can no longer power up) for school so need to understand what will be appropriate going forward.

Thanks for advice.

Smiggles not big and strong enough...bought Deuter at recommendation of a neighbour. For the 'Gogo' range, there is only one size...selling at $69 after discount.

As for mobile phone, I am considering giving him a basic model...for him to call out and send SMS.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Peony » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:55 am

Coolkidsrock2 wrote:I too welcome suggestions on the same. Was thinking of Smiggles but worried that she will be teased for being childish. Her schoolbag was stolen from school previously. We are now cautious about the belongings that we bring to school to ensure that it blends with everyone.

Thanks for advice.

My DD chose a mostly black with some pink, glittered Hello Kitty. When I asked if she was sure, she said that's her taste & she doesn't care if others are bothered.

I checked with my 16 year old niece who said that she has friends who like Hello Kitty and Smiggles so the teasing is unlikely.

Peony
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby janet88 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:59 am

Peony wrote:

My DD chose a mostly black with some pink, glittered Hello Kitty. When I asked if she was sure, she said that's her taste & she doesn't care if others are bothered.

I checked with my 16 year old niece who said that she has friends who like Hello Kitty and Smiggles so the teasing is unlikely.

Well, aunty here still crazy over pink and hello kitty. :evil:

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Coolkidsrock2 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:10 pm

I like Hello Kitty too. She is using it for tuition still.

Coolkidsrock2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Peony » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:31 pm

janet_lee88 wrote:
Peony wrote:

Me too!!

Peony
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby A better tomorrow » Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:38 pm

Is a lot of books needed for sec school? There is a sale on a big mountain bag and I am eying it :D but when it is on me it looks very big and so I am considering it....because of my small built most mountain bags look VERY big on me :( what should I do ? Should I buy it? By the way it is mostly grey with pink :D :boogie:

A better tomorrow
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby A better tomorrow » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:01 pm

Peony wrote:
janet_lee88 wrote:
Peony wrote:My DD chose a mostly black with some pink, glittered Hello Kitty. When I asked if she was sure, she said that's her taste & she doesn't care if others are bothered.

Me too!!

I <3 hello kitty but I love rilakuma more :)

A better tomorrow
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby CassN » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:06 pm

Usually I get a Adidas/Reebok/Jansport backpack for school.
It's cheaper than deuter (around $35 - $60) and good enough to use for school (:

CassN
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection