Secondary 1 Reporting Day on Dec 20

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

Secondary 1 Reporting Day on Dec 20

Postby kwcllf » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:22 pm

Hi,

Can anyone enlighten us what is expected on reporting day?

Alot of briefing?

Also, first day of school on Jan 2, are parents supposed to follow the kids? Thanks.

kwcllf
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Re: Secondary 1 Reporting Day on Dec 20

Postby Skyed » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:26 pm

My year they just told us what to expect in sec school etc.

And parents don't need come with child on 2Jan...

Skyed
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby kwcllf » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:43 pm

Skyed wrote:My year they just told us what to expect in sec school etc.

Will there be class allocation on 20Dec, collection of booklist, purchase of uniform, etc.....?

kwcllf
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Skyed » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:45 pm

kwcllf wrote:
Skyed wrote:My year they just told us what to expect in sec school etc.

Will there be class allocation on 20Dec, collection of booklist, purchase of uniform, etc.....?

Depends on which school. My school the class allocation was on first day of school, purchase of uniform/books the day after posting results when we go the school.

Skyed
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Pen88n » Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:59 pm

There are the following activities (depends on schools but these are the common ones and not in any order or sequence):
1) Welcome briefing to parents and kids about school, hours, what to expect, etc.
2) Allocation of class and introduction to classmates and teachers
3) School tour
4) CCA info
5) Completion of forms like GIRO (for school fees) and others (like child's info for school, orientation T-shirt purchase, etc.)
6) Purchase of uniforms and books
7) Arrange for transportation if needed (only if school has private company providing one-way bus service)

Bring cash for purchase of textbooks and uniforms. ~$400 should be sufficient to cover for most schools. Heard that IB prorgamme can be more ex so you may need to check out with the school.

Pen88n
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kwcllf » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:45 pm

Pen88n wrote:There are the following activities (depends on schools but these are the common ones and not in any order or sequence):
1) Welcome briefing to parents and kids about school, hours, what to expect, etc.
2) Allocation of class and introduction to classmates and teachers
3) School tour
4) CCA info
5) Completion of forms like GIRO (for school fees) and others (like child's info for school, orientation T-shirt purchase, etc.)
6) Purchase of uniforms and books
7) Arrange for transportation if needed (only if school has private company providing one-way bus service)

Bring cash for purchase of textbooks and uniforms. ~$400 should be sufficient to cover for most schools. Heard that IB prorgamme can be more ex so you may need to check out with the school.

Thanks for the helpful info.

kwcllf
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby pixiedust » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:12 pm

On reporting day, do we have to inform the school about Higher Mother Tongue decision ? or is that usually done when school opens ?

pixiedust
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby homeworkmummy » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:28 pm

Normally what time do the activities end on the reporting day? If we were to appeal to other schools, I guess we do not have to purchase the textbook and uniforms on that same day n I guess we can appeal from 20 dec onwards?

homeworkmummy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Skyed » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:15 pm

homeworkmummy wrote:Normally what time do the activities end on the reporting day? If we were to appeal to other schools, I guess we do not have to purchase the textbook and uniforms on that same day n I guess we can appeal from 20 dec onwards?

Shouldn't take more than a few hours I think.

Skyed
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby zeemimi » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:49 pm

pixiedust wrote:On reporting day, do we have to inform the school about Higher Mother Tongue decision ? or is that usually done when school opens ?

it is done during reporting day on 20 dec. if the child is eligible, there will be a form for him to fill up.
zeemimi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection