Normal acedamic instead ofNormal Express

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

Normal acedamic instead ofNormal Express

Postby rawalsunil » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:00 pm

Hi My daughter passed Primary 6 with 206 marks - The result sheet says Normal Express. However we would like her to take Normal acedamic. We have given the names of the 6 schools on the net, however at no point we can ask if we can go to Normal acedamic instead. How is this done? Any suggestion - Thanks

rawalsunil
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Normal acedamic instead ofNormal Express

Postby koguma » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:13 pm

rawalsunil wrote:Hi My daughter passed Primary 6 with 206 marks - The result sheet says Normal Express. However we would like her to take Normal acedamic. We have given the names of the 6 schools on the net, however at no point we can ask if we can go to Normal acedamic instead. How is this done? Any suggestion - Thanks

I thought students that score between 188 to 199 are allow to choose between NA or Express. Are you sure you can choose for the score of 206? Did you check with MOE?

I suggest you check with MOE asap before the posting is out. Otherwise, you child may end up going to a school not among the 6 schools that you have choosen. It will be worst if the school is FAR from your house.

koguma
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby janet88 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:49 am

rawalsunil wrote:Hi My daughter passed Primary 6 with 206 marks - The result sheet says Normal Express. However we would like her to take Normal acedamic. We have given the names of the 6 schools on the net, however at no point we can ask if we can go to Normal acedamic instead. How is this done? Any suggestion - Thanks

From my understanding, if your child meets the criteria for Express, she will not be allowed to take Normal Acad. My son has 203. He needs to work very very hard to stay in the Express stream...why not give Express a try?

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby AdonciaTang » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:14 pm

Are you afraid that it might be too stressful for her? Its fine if you think NA is better for her and that she can cope better, if not she should try express.

My niece went to CHIJ Toapayoh, she scored 200 and she got into express due to the affiliations the pri and sec sch have together. She was in the last class and the worst thing was she tried really hard to catch up in the express stream but due to her CCA, she couldnt cope with both and had to dropped to NA stream. It was so depressing for her.

AdonciaTang
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection