PSLE 2013 - Results Discussion

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.
GLORYmum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:107

Re: PSLE 2013 - Results Discussion

Post by GLORYmum » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:21 am

caringconcernedparent wrote:
piggybank wrote:Eat fish ??
Drink Milk, Water. Eat Almonds, Bananas, Fish, Green Vegetables, Oranges to reduce stress....

Good advice. Thanks. :lol:

lexis
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:18

Post by lexis » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:29 am

all the best to the p6 kids for this Friday's results!

clay569
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by clay569 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:44 am

BeContented wrote: Haha. Thot I'm also very cool about it leh. But still feeling some nervousness whenever I remember about it. Although not too bad but definitely feel more gancheong than last year :laugh:
Quick quick. Get it over and done with......after that, can think about what's next step :sweat:

But actually not so worried about us being disappointed, am more worried if DD is disappointed.
Thought I was cool about it too...till I asked DS recently how he felt about The Day approaching. He said ok but younger DD on the side said, "At least there'll be no more tension."

"I'm very tensed meh?"

And she nodded her head with a serious expression. Well..

I'm also more worried that DS would be disappointed. My secret wish is xx points below his target and the school I wish that he'll go is not his dream school. Didn't tell him these as I feel it should be his dreams that matter to him. Hope his dream comes true...

GLORYmum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by GLORYmum » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:49 am

Last year this week, I was keeping my mind and body occupied by frantically baking all kinds of cakes to destress. Haha.

caringconcernedparent
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by caringconcernedparent » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:54 am

GLORYmum wrote:Last year this week, I was keeping my mind and body occupied by frantically baking all kinds of cakes to destress. Haha.
hehe. you can do the same this year then share with the rest of the KSPs.

GLORYmum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by GLORYmum » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:58 am

caringconcernedparent wrote:
GLORYmum wrote:Last year this week, I was keeping my mind and body occupied by frantically baking all kinds of cakes to destress. Haha.
hehe. you can do the same this year then share with the rest of the KSPs.

Sure sure but I don't rem what I baked last year and I never bake as much since that week. Haha.

GLORYmum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by GLORYmum » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:17 pm

yayapapaya wrote:
R3mom wrote:MOE press release - The results of the 2013 Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE) will be released on Friday, 22 November 2013. Students may obtain their result slips from their respective primary schools from 11.00 am on 22 November 2013.

http://www.moe.gov.sg/media/press/2013/ ... esults.php
Note:
The highest and lowest PSLE aggregate scores will not be printed on the PSLE result slips from this year to allow the student to focus on his own achievement and holistic development.
There would be more speculation and more hits on ksp to find out the highest T score this year.

So this year, it is not only to find out where the top scorer come from but also what is the top score!

:nailbite:

kiasuson
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by kiasuson » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:28 pm

Not sure it will affect decision on selection of schools. Eg. this year highest score might be only 270... and our DC result are about 25x... We will have no guidance of how the cohort perform.. :shrug:
GLORYmum wrote:
yayapapaya wrote:
R3mom wrote:MOE press release - The results of the 2013 Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE) will be released on Friday, 22 November 2013. Students may obtain their result slips from their respective primary schools from 11.00 am on 22 November 2013.

http://www.moe.gov.sg/media/press/2013/ ... esults.php
Note:
The highest and lowest PSLE aggregate scores will not be printed on the PSLE result slips from this year to allow the student to focus on his own achievement and holistic development.
There would be more speculation and more hits on ksp to find out the highest T score this year.

So this year, it is not only to find out where the top scorer come from but also what is the top score!

:nailbite:

pearlly
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by pearlly » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:39 pm

Hi everyone! I'm an education reporter with The Straits Times, and I would like to find out what parents think of MOE's new policy to not print the highest and lowest aggregate scores on pupils' result slips. Please PM me or email me at leepearl@sph.com.sg if you are willing to talk about this! Thank you!

zeemimi
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:50

Post by zeemimi » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:52 pm

kiasuson wrote:Not sure it will affect decision on selection of schools. Eg. this year highest score might be only 270... and our DC result are about 25x... We will have no guidance of how the cohort perform.. :shrug:
I think knowing the top 10% standing will be more useful than knowing the highest score.