DSA 2013

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.
justcoping
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:2

Re: All About Direct School Admission (DSA)

Post by justcoping » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:41 pm

EastWerkz wrote:Hi DSA Parents

My query is with regards to RGS DSA CCA/Sports.
My DD applied under RGS DSA CCA/Sports but have yet to receive any reply from RGS. I can't seem to get an answer from RGS as they say it is "on-going".

1. Is the RGS DSA CCA/Sports interviews all over?

2. Any parents here have sent their DDs for DSA CCA/Sports interviews?

I am still awaiting an email from RGS. Hiaz.

Thanks DSA Parents

Repost again
There were DSA interviews for mainstream academic and sports conducted in the last week of July but I am not sure if they have all been completed. Not sure if this helps.

EastWerkz
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by EastWerkz » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:23 pm

Thanks 25hr Mama and justcoping. My DD not called for interview RGS DSA CCA Sports.

I guess its over for my DD then. Just wish they would just end the wait for those not called for interview but had gone for trials.

Just wait for letter or email to confirm.

Thanks all.

Song22
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:14

Post by Song22 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 2:37 pm

25hr mama wrote::rahrah:Happy 48th Birthday, Singapore! :rahrah: &
:rahrah:Happy National Day, Everyone! :rahrah:
Whole family going to the NDP later, will definitely enjoy the big party! At least, glad that I can take my mind off from this DSA thingy for the next few hours. :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:
That's so nice :smile:
Are you going to bring your popcorn :wink:

To everyone: enjoy yourselves this weekend and i believe some schools should announce their results next week :xedfingers:

wushixiancn
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by wushixiancn » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:09 pm

EastWerkz wrote:Thanks 25hr Mama and justcoping. My DD not called for interview RGS DSA CCA Sports.

I guess its over for my DD then. Just wish they would just end the wait for those not called for interview but had gone for trials.

Just wait for letter or email to confirm.

Thanks all.
DS got 3 rejection letter already. :shrug: so no rejection means still have big
hope. :boogie:

EastWerkz
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by EastWerkz » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:57 pm

Thanks Wushixiancn for the encouraging words......appreciate it.

I hope you are right, but others here have said that RGS DSA CCA Sports interviews begun last week. Should have ended or ending soon is my guess. No interview call-up by this time not a good sign.....

All the best to your DS....

justcoping
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by justcoping » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:31 pm

EastWerkz wrote:Thanks Wushixiancn for the encouraging words......appreciate it.

I hope you are right, but others here have said that RGS DSA CCA Sports interviews begun last week. Should have ended or ending soon is my guess. No interview call-up by this time not a good sign.....

All the best to your DS....
Regardless the results of the DSA application, it's time to set that aside and focus on the upcoming PSLE Oral. Jia you!!!

33mama
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by 33mama » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:57 am

Out of curiosity.... are you able to appeal for DSA?

Appeal from being in a WL to a CO? Or even appeal from rejected status to a CO?

Just relax
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:13

Post by Just relax » Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:14 am

33mama wrote:Out of curiosity.... are you able to appeal for DSA?

Appeal from being in a WL to a CO? Or even appeal from rejected status to a CO?
From what has happened over the years, there is no appeal process for DSA. If a child gets no offer (whether WL/CO) then child will depend on PSLE to get into school of choice. Similarly no appeal from WL to CO.

This is because schools have allocated the max no. of places for DSA, and once filled, the the balance must be left open for PSLE, otherwise unfair. So that is the reason no appeal to get a DSA place. Similarly WL cannot appeal to CO as CO means place allocated and there is only a fixed no. of DS- places. WL child will get in if PSLE mark is above COP for the school. The other advantage is is WL child has same points as COP together with other non-WL children, then WL child will get in.

25hr mama
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
Total Likes:11

Post by 25hr mama » Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:23 am

Song22 wrote:
25hr mama wrote::rahrah:Happy 48th Birthday, Singapore! :rahrah: &
:rahrah:Happy National Day, Everyone! :rahrah:
Whole family going to the NDP later, will definitely enjoy the big party! At least, glad that I can take my mind off from this DSA thingy for the next few hours. :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:
That's so nice :smile:
Are you going to bring your popcorn :wink:

To everyone: enjoy yourselves this weekend and i believe some schools should announce their results next week :xedfingers:
Hahaha....no popcorn, but with my long neck, super good view! & had a good sleep too, see...

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:82

Post by ngl2010 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:14 pm

25hr mama wrote: Hahaha....no popcorn, but with my long neck, super good view! & had a good sleep too, see...

nice picture :rotflmao: