How many IP Govt schools are there?

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

How many IP Govt schools are there?

Postby 33mama » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:19 am

Actually how many IP govt schools are there?

I can only name TJC,NJC, RVHS, Dunman High, St Nick Girls?
There are only 5? Did I miss out any?

How come there are only so few for IP? :shrug:

33mama
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 598
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:44 am
Total Likes: 3


Re: How many IP Govt schools are there?

Postby Pen88n » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:53 am

VS, Cedar.

To be fair, not that many private IP as well (not counting in those offering IB prorgamme).

Pen88n
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4329
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:26 am
Total Likes: 70


Re: How many IP Govt schools are there?

Postby 33mama » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:58 am

Pen88n wrote:VS, Cedar.

To be fair, not that many private IP as well (not counting in those offering IB prorgamme).

You're right! Most of them in the central/east area...
Not sure if the government is planning to increase more IP schools... if so, hopefully in the west area...

33mama
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 598
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:44 am
Total Likes: 3


Re: How many IP Govt schools are there?

Postby Dreamgear » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:43 am

Chs

Dreamgear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1269
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:25 am
Total Likes: 11


Re: How many IP Govt schools are there?

Postby Nebbermind » Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:52 am

33mama wrote:
Pen88n wrote:VS, Cedar.

To be fair, not that many private IP as well (not counting in those offering IB prorgamme).

You're right! Most of them in the central/east area...
Not sure if the government is planning to increase more IP schools... if so, hopefully in the west area...

West? Which schools you have in mind?

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 14658
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:40 am
Total Likes: 148



Re: How many IP Govt schools are there?

Postby Dreamgear » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:00 am

I dont think will have anymore.... I recalled reading a write up last year which matches the number of seats to the top 10% of psle scores, seems like the seats are more then enough

Dreamgear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1269
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:25 am
Total Likes: 11


Re: How many IP Govt schools are there?

Postby Nebbermind » Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:59 am

In fact, I find the combi of Cat High, St Nic and SCGS very odd. Think they tried too hard to try to accommodate SCGS...they probably couldn't find an 'equal' status male partner for them within that few km.

The 1st two are catholic mission schools and also government aided, ie, pay normal school fee. SCGS, on the other hand is non religious and is independent.

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 14658
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:40 am
Total Likes: 148


Re: How many IP Govt schools are there?

Postby jetsetter » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:20 am

33mama wrote:Actually how many IP govt schools are there?

I can only name TJC,NJC, RVHS, Dunman High, St Nick Girls?
There are only 5? Did I miss out any?

How come there are only so few for IP? :shrug:




http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... 48&t=13486

jetsetter
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 13156
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:04 pm
Total Likes: 216


Re: How many IP Govt schools are there?

Postby Dreamgear » Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:22 am

Ya there isnt any SCBS...

Dreamgear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1269
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:25 am
Total Likes: 11


Re: How many IP Govt schools are there?

Postby 33mama » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:39 pm

Nebbermind wrote:In fact, I find the combi of Cat High, St Nic and SCGS very odd. Think they tried too hard to try to accommodate SCGS...they probably couldn't find an 'equal' status male partner for them within that few km.

The 1st two are catholic mission schools and also government aided, ie, pay normal school fee. SCGS, on the other hand is non religious and is independent.

Have exact same feeling too!!!

33mama
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 598
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:44 am
Total Likes: 3


Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection