Bishan Park Vs Whitley

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

Bishan Park Vs Whitley

Postby xavnme » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:09 am

Any parents out there from Bishan Park & Whitley able to advice the school study environment, general behavior?

Thanks

xavnme
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Bishan Park Vs Whitley

Postby chernme » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:02 pm

Would appreciate any feedback on this school:

- How's their historical O level results?
- teachers - general caring & approachable?
- discipline - are they strict & students well behaved?
- CCA - which ones are their niche?
- strengths or weaknesses of school?

xavnme wrote:Any parents out there from Bishan Park & Whitley able to advice the school study environment, general behavior?

Thanks

chernme
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby PiggyLalala » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:16 pm

I know bishan park has been a valued added school for a few years before moe do away with all the banding. However I am not too sure whether is it value added for the express or normal academic or both streams. Also I think there was a change in the principal. I am also not too sure the valued added was during the old or current principal.

Sorry, can't help much here.

PiggyLalala
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby xavnme » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:24 pm

refer Page G-2 from sec school admission booklet

Bishan Park-

Express- Solid Star
Aesthetics- Clear Star
Sports- Clear Star
Uniformed Group- Solid Star
Character Development- Clear Star

Whitley

Express- No Star
Normal- Clear Star
Aesthetics- Solid Star
Sports- Solid Star
Uniformed group- Clear Star
Cherish- Clear star

Bishan Park
Parents support group- Very Active
Character Development is a plus point
Students mainly from Ai Tong, Cath High

As for whitley, i heard enough feedback on students behavior exp smoking , fighting etc But in terms of sch facility & environment is much better than Bishan park.

xavnme
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby yogi.bear » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:36 am

Went to Bishan Park Open hse. Understand that the student population is small so all the teachers know most students. The parent support grp seems active. Not sure about the academic results.

Could not access Whitley web site info during last week to find out open hse info. So did not go to their open hse (if any)

Understand there is another Sec school in Bishan, near Bishan Park Sec; Peirce Sec School.

yogi.bear
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby wontyouburnbitch » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:38 am

Bishan Park

Principal is new (3-4 years). Very bias as the son is from Hwa Chong. The school is very unorganise in terms of planning events. Teachers are also leaving and so are the canteen vendors. But kudos to the PSG as they are very active,the most recent event they participated in is prom.

Judo is the niche area for sports CCA and altho making the school proud, the students from Judo were not given many opportunities to experience overseas training. Heard there was a proposal to go to HK but rejected for no reason.

Art is also a niche area. They have a special program called "art talent program" where those that are more gifted in art are given opportunities to do ceramics.calligraphy and so on.

Overall its a okay school. Wouldn't recommend tho.

wontyouburnbitch
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection