ACS Barker Road

Unlike entry to Primary Schools, admission into Secondary Schools is based on meritocracy. PSLE results are used as key admission criteria. Discuss everything related to PSLE and selection of Secondary Schools here.

ACS Barker Road

Postby sparks » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:33 pm

Has anyone got in this school without DSA or affiliation? My ds is interested in this school but the Secondary info booklet stated that none was posted to this school in 2012 without affiliation. I am puzzled. Does it mean this school only accepts from feeder school or DSA & will not consider others? Pls help!

sparks
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: ACS Barker Road

Postby Blur Mom » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:18 am

My son has got into ACSB without affiliation or DSA. I must say this is a good school and the principal is a great man! Go for it.

Blur Mom
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby Blur Mom » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:18 am

My son has got into ACSB without affiliation or DSA. I must say this is a good school and the principal is a great man! Go for it.

Blur Mom
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Postby sparks » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:37 am

Hi Blur Mom, thanks very much for your much awaited reply!

May I know if your ds got into ACSB thru appeal? My ds only got 237. Do you think he can get in? I am curious why the booklet states it as 'none-posted'? I thot this is a great school too. ds' good friend is going there & ds is keen to join him.

The only thing I'm concerned abt is the traffic. Could you elaborate on why you said that it's a good school? Good teachers? Character development? well rounded boys? good o levels results?

I hope to hear from you really soon as I need to make the choices for ds to decide. TIA!

sparks
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Resilience » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:59 am

If in doubt, please call the school directly to clarify. I think that is better. I believe ACSB will be happy to answer any questions. Not much time left liao.

Wishing you all the best! :smile:

Resilience
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby ladeline28 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:44 pm

Hi sparks,

Did you call ACSB to find out? We are also curious why no posted COP. Is it possible for us to select the school?

ladeline28
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby sparks » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:38 am

hi ladeline28, no i didnt call up d school as i decided that travelling is not ideal for ds . btw, do check out the other thread under sec school networking where i posted d p letter to parents. the p mentioned that non affiliates may apply too. good luck!

sparks
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby roborovski » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:46 am

ladeline28 wrote:Hi sparks,

Did you call ACSB to find out? We are also curious why no posted COP. Is it possible for us to select the school?

My close friend called ACSB office earlier this Aug to enquire if non-affiliated pupils can join the school if his score hovers around 240. The nice lady said he will need to put ACSB as first choice for S1 posting and appeal to the school after S1 posting result is released. She was kind enough to say that 240 is a very good score & normally they accept non-affiliated pupils around 230 in score.
Hope this helps or call the school to confirm.

roborovski
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby ladeline28 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:51 am

Thanks, Sparks and Roborovski for your response.

ladeline28
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Blur Mom » Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:16 am

Based on my experience, you should put ACSB as first choice and submit the appeal concurrently before the school posting results.

Blur Mom
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Next

Return to Secondary Schools - Selection